I'm confused

kalhayd

I've read a lot of post about trading/selling the Britax Blvd to get a MR65. We have a Blvd as our main seat for our RF 25 pound, 34 inch, 18 month old. We use a Titan for daycare pickups for about 3 minutes a day(literally).

Anyhow, I did my research a long time ago when buying this seat and everyone from Consumer Guides to a local CPS woman I work with insisted that this is a GREAT seat and most seats don't compare.

So why trade in a Britax for a Graco? Is RF for an additional 5 pounds going to be that much safer? I mean should I be looking for a seat with a longer RF capability? We LOVE the Blvd. The only other seat I was actually recently falling in love with as a main seat is the Britax Advocate. I love the extra side impact protection and we may buy this seat in the near future and use the BLVD as our additional seat and the Titan as a spare.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I wouldn't in a million years trade a BV for a MR if I had an average/petite child. I'd only do it if I had a very, very heavy child (like pushing 35 pounds before 18 months old and I really wanted to keep them rearfacing hopefully to age 2), personally.
I might trade the Titan for a MR, though, for the additional rearfacing and deeper SIP wings...
:twocents::)

emandbri

Given how little your kid is I wouldn't do it either. I actually don't think I would ever advise anyone to sell a britax seat for a my ride because I really hate how reclined the my ride is forward facing. If you want to keep him rear-facing I would wait and see what options there are then and if the my ride is the only option get one and then sell it to someone else and tell not to use it forward facing either.

natysr

Remember, there is no best seat, or perfect seat. Just different seats with different advantages/disadvantages.

This means there is no one size fits all.

I would never give up my Marathons for a My Ride. But, then again, I was able to rearface my son for over 4 1/2 years in a 33 pound rearfacing marathon. Now, if I had extra cash, I'd probably buy one. Not because I need it, but because I am carseat obsessed.

Remember, some people around here change carseats almost as frequently as they change their underwear. :p

Just because you aren't doing that, doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong.

I do agree with the others though, If I had a 30 pound 1 year old, yes, I would buy one.

But really, my son would not be able to rearface in the myride to 40 pounds. He would outgrow it by height first.

kalhayd

Thanks. You helped with my confusion.

We're REALLY looking into the advocate and putting the Blvd in my husbands car for the 3 minute ride home from daycare(I take her there). So, we'd just use the Titan as a "spare". I like the Titan, though I read here that it won't give a lot of growing room and she's a tall kid for her age.

I saw the MR when I was at BRU(getting the Titan when we sold our Nauti so we could RF again) and I wasn't all that impressed with it. Crazy, I know. I wasn't crazy impressed with the Titan or any other seats- but I just LOVE the Britax seats. I should have went with a marathon or the like for the extra seat, but couldn't justify spending the cash for a seat used less than an hour a month- ya know? But now that I've seen the Advocate I can justify my insanity.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC