Cargo vs chase

love-pink

How does the evenflo chase compair to the graco cargo as far as hight slot and width of the seat?? Also does the chase puzzle well with the ss1??
Thanks you guys are the best!!!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Same slot heights...Cargo is a bit narrower and more likely to work, but harder to find, you may just have to try a Chase at BRU because they carry them there.
Cargo is better for narrow kids, Chase fits stockier kids a bit better. Cargo has a normal harness, Chase has an on-harness adjuster.

I guess the Radian is just soooooo popular as a narrow seat that I haven't much thought of the Cargo since it came out, especially next to newer seats, but it was always the go-to seat for narrow and puzzling before the RN came out :)

scoutingbear

I don't know anything about the Cargo, but we do have a Chase. I found that both of my kids outgrew the Chase by weight (40lbs) before height and neither one is what I would consider really stocky. My (now) 5 y/o wears slim jeans and when he outweighed the seat at 3.5 years, he still had room in the harness. I also heard from a tech, that you can remove the armrests on the Chase...and I have done that to puzzle it with an MA (can't remember now if the MA was FF or RF...) The armrests just "pop" on with plastic tabs...I don't *think* they are an integral part of the seat. Even if you were to use the seat in booster mode the routing is behind the armrests.

I have both of those seats. My favorite is the Cargo. :)

The cargo puzzles better for 3-across situations.

My oldest outgrew the Chase with weight before height, he would of outgrew the Cargo the same way.

Logan is 4 1/2 and just at the top strap height of the Chase and has tons of room to grow. He is 35 pounds. I see him outgrowing it by weight before height.

I hate the arm rests and the belt guides for 3-across with the chase, they get in my way.

I would NEVER use either one of these seats as a booster though(unless they fit the child perfectly-each child is different). I think they both make awseome 5-point harness seats.

love-pink

Thanks for all your help!!! I'm going to search big lots for a cargo or two this week. If not ill have to get a chase. I don't plan on using them as a booster I just want to get them to 40lbs harnessed and see where were at then. If we need a high weight harnessed seat well get one if they are booster ready I really really like the parkway cs!! But by next spring they'll probably be something even better lol
Thanks again!

capeKO71

I will say - I think some cargos compare differently to others - depending on how much "plush" they have. We have the one offered at walmart currently (grey colored) and my son has more room in the chase then this cargo... but I think its because there's some extra foam for comfort. So keep that in mind. The Chase is cheaper - usually around $70 where the cargo is about $100 usually. I like the cargo better for it's fit, and my kids sleep great in it, and its super thin... but in general (like for all the programs we have) we buy cargos because of the tall harness height.

love-pink

I'm having a super tough time finding a store that carries the cargo so I think I'm going to have to get the chase :( anyone know where I can get the abby print in a store?? And anyone know how much wider the seat is compaired to the cargo??
Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC