The Frontier...

ADS

BW1426

I'd be happy to take if off your hands for you. :whistle:

LOL. It's pink and A's dad loves it :rolleyes: I forgot A's seat at my house and so borrowed his. It took my forever to install it and I think it's entirely incompatible with my center seat. I can't get lbp to work on my own and sbp does not work at all. BLAH. So I suppose that takes care of me getting a Frontier.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I agree...wait, I thought you said Scenera :p

I'd probably hate the FR install if I hadn't been primed for 7 years of Regent/Husky/Super Elite/Futura installs...it's pretty bland after all those ;)

natysr

LOL. It's pink and A's dad loves it :rolleyes: I forgot A's seat at my house and so borrowed his. It took my forever to install it and I think it's entirely incompatible with my center seat. I can't get lbp to work on my own and sbp does not work at all. BLAH. So I suppose that takes care of me getting a Frontier.

The more you work with the seat, the easier it gets. There is a learning curve to it, but I love it.

I can't use it in the center of my SUV, because the seatbelt is not long enough for LBP and SBP is a no go..and no LATCH in center.

Outboard it is a dream either LBP or LATCH.

It is also a dream LBP in the center of my Civic. So much so, I haven't even tried it outboard in that car.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just never dreamed that I'd find something that was a bigger PITA than the radian :p

Oh, so young...so young... You never had to deal with Breverras and Smart Moves... ;)

Seats are generally so compatible nowadays it's weird to come across any that are a PITB, isn't it great? You'll learn the Frontier's tricks before you know it :thumbsup:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I was cursing mine the other day as I was installing it in the 900 degree heat with both kids whining and complaining in the car. ACK! It's a huge pain to install. But, love the seat other than the install. And the crap cover.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I can't get lbp to work on my own and sbp does not work at all.

Use a strong chip clip or those thingys that doctors use to clamp arteries off with (my cop friend at Livermore PD always calls them roach clips, and that is stuck in my head and I can't think of their real name) to keep the belt from retracting while you thread it.

natysr

Use a strong chip clip or those thingys that doctors use to clamp arteries off with (my cop friend at Livermore PD always calls them roach clips, and that is stuck in my head and I can't think of their real name) to keep the belt from retracting while you thread it.

I just use my teeth. :D

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I just use my teeth. :D

I've met you. And I just can't imagine your teeny little body is long enough that you can hold the seat belt at the retractor with your teeth while your petite little arms reach behind the Frontier to thread the belt, then down beside the seat to buckle it.

I'm trying to. And I'm quite amused at the Stretch Armstrong magical powers my imagination is giving you. But I really think I need a pic to make it all crystallize in my head.

:duck::duck::duck:

AtTheSouthDam

Oh, so young...so young... You never had to deal with Breverras and Smart Moves... ;)

Seats are generally so compatible nowadays it's weird to come across any that are a PITB, isn't it great? You'll learn the Frontier's tricks before you know it :thumbsup:

I used both as a nanny and I must say, I HATE getting the Regent in the center seat third row in my van more than installing either of those. I haven't installed a frontier yet but if it is anything like a post-advisory Regent than I don't want one :p

ZephyrBlue

OP, I'm with ya. Finally gave up and sold the evil thing. Replaced it w/a RN XT and couldn't be happier. I've been installing/playing with seats for 9 years and that damn thing was the worst to install, overall, out of everything I've ever had. Loved our Husky and Regent compared to it!

Splash

Ahem, I happened to be fond of the Breverra and never had an install problem. And no, you don't get to discount my love just because I was using an ALR lap belt.

I find the Radian a bit more homicide-inducing than the FN, but not by much. I loathe that seat and with I had never found such a good deal on it (and it really was a very good deal). if I had had to pay full price, I never would have ordered it. Then I wouldn't have to live with it.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
We love our Frontier :love: so much so, that I am looking into getting a second for dd to use in booster mode!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Frontier is fine, like it MUCH better than the Portabout, which, by the way all expired 12/31/2011, yes, I will be having a party.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC