keeping my rfing kids cool in the car??

MJHY27

This question has probably already been asked before but i'm wondering what other people do to keep the rfing kiddos cool in a hot car? We live in a cooler climate but even today with no sun and just 70 degree weather my kids were soaked with sweat. opening the windows doesnt always do the trick and then the loose the shade from the tinted windows. Obviously they totally miss out on the benifits from the AC. Is there any little battery powered fan I could get to clip to the back seat for them?? Properly secured little fan of course :)
Thanks!

ADS

Ali

I just blasted the AC and pointed all the front vents towards the ceiling. It sort of bounced back and down onto DD. I also gave her a bottle of water that was cold and she would simply play with it.

I was usually freezing by the time we got wherever we were going, but at least she was cool. As she got older, she would even ask for a blanket!

kalhayd

We're in Florida. Can you say HOT. We've been doing the vent towards the ceiling thing and insuring she has an ice cold cup of juice or water for the ride. She hasn't complained yet.

Last year I didn't have all these tricks and we ran into a lot of problems. Thankfully, this year she seems to stay a lot cooler.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC