Not liking the MR65....what else can I try?

MOM25BOYS

I can't believe I am even considering selling this seat, but I am just not falling in love with it or liking the MR65 that I purchased the other week.:eek::eek::eek: Its a great seat , but it just has quirks I don't like. :p

Give me some recs...

I am looking for a seat for DS5 to RF in. Something that would get him to atleast 2.5-3 yrs of age or until another better seat comes along.:whistle: I will eventually have the Frontier for him to go in down the road years from now when he goes FF. He is has a short torso (takes after DH's family :)) and asleep right now so I can get some stats when he wakes up. Averages around 21-22lbs right now and 15mths old.

I was considering the RA50, but is it pretty much the same shell as the MA? No bars on it right and does it have a single pull LATCH strap or the double like the MA?

If the EFTA didn't have those horrible red tabs I would get another one of them, but they always seem to dig in him bad. Besides that I loved the seat.:D

TF ARB... Maybe?? He started to cry whenever I put him in my other TF and just seemed uncomfortable with the curve/angle of the seat. Maybe I could get a better angle with the new TF?

New RN? It has a smaller RF foot, right? Or is that just the XT? The foot on the old style was a PAIN to get installed at a good angle since it was wide and would sit right on my LATCH bars when trying to get it more upright.

Sorry for my ramble.:eek: If you have managed to read this through and still feel like posting... bless you.:love:

ADS

firemomof3

I really like my XT :love: I'm a pretty picky when it comes to car seats and there is so much I like about the XT! I don't know about the rf boot because this is the first radian I've owned. My 2y/o has plenty of growing room all around, it has lots of leg room and I haven't had any trouble with installing it.

MOM25BOYS

I really like my XT :love: I'm a pretty picky when it comes to car seats and there is so much I like about the XT! I don't know about the rf boot because this is the first radian I've owned. My 2y/o has plenty of growing room all around, it has lots of leg room and I haven't had any trouble with installing it.

With DS being short would the headwings even go low enough for him? Wasn't there a thread a while back that showed for smaller babies the head wings didn't go all the way down? He was not quite up to the 2nd slots on the TF or the MA and just barely above the 2nd slots on the MR65.

firemomof3

Oh ya. My ds is on the 3rd harness slot of the XT and the head wings are perfect, but they might not work for your son :(

NannyMom

The RA50 has a single pull latch strap. The new radians all have the narrower foot, not just the XT. I probobly wouldn't go for the new TF if he didn't like the old one.

MOM25BOYS

I think I want to try the RA50. :) I like the fact it doesn't have bars and the Pistachio is just too cute.

I have a love/hate relationship with RN's so I would be scared to get another one and it not work either. DH is already on the fritz with my seat swapping lately.:p

Has anyone on here tried or bought an RA50 yet?

MOM25BOYS

I'm purchasing a Pistachio RA50 from the sale at diapers.com

But it hasn't come yet.

Yeah, I saw they have a great deal on them.:thumbsup: So you did order one, but it hasn't shipped yet? The last order I did with them for my Vivo was here the next day after I ordered. If I got one I would need it here fast.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Even though Dorel has really ticked me off lately, the 50-lb AOE is still a really nice seat, and has a nice tall shell, high slots, 35 lb RF limit, an adjuster that is nearly impossible to bury, smooth straps, side impact wings and EPS foam.

can you tell us what "quirks" you don't liek about the MR65?

MOM25BOYS

Even though Dorel has really ticked me off lately, the 50-lb AOE is still a really nice seat, and has a nice tall shell, high slots, 35 lb RF limit, an adjuster that is nearly impossible to bury, smooth straps, side impact wings and EPS foam.

can you tell us what "quirks" you don't liek about the MR65?

Lol, I will try.:p

I don't like the cover or material.
The adjuster has me worried
It doesn't install as easy as some other seats I have had in my suv
It makes an aweful FF seat in my suv

I told you I had some quirks with it.:eek:

I do love the Graco harness and buckle
I love the incline to the seat RF
Nice tall slots :thumbsup:
DS sleeps great in it without any crying

vonfirmath

Yeah, I saw they have a great deal on them.:thumbsup: So you did order one, but it hasn't shipped yet? The last order I did with them for my Vivo was here the next day after I ordered. If I got one I would need it here fast.

Well, you see, we made the decision to order but the sale is through 7/2 so I've been dithering on actually hitting the Purchase button.

MoreLatte

Do you still have a MA? If so, with him being little at this point, I'd just keep him in that until he outgrows it RF. By then there may be more higher RF limit seats out.

But I'm a little biased. I just :love: the MA, it is my all-time favorite. I like that my kids never have head slump in it and it is so padded. And being able to swap out the covers makes me feel like I'm getting a new seat each
time:cool:. No matter what seat I've tried, I always go back to the trusty Marathon!lol

MOM25BOYS

Do you still have a MA? If so, with him being little at this point, I'd just keep him in that until he outgrows it RF. By then there may be more higher RF limit seats out.

But I'm a little biased. I just :love: the MA, it is my all-time favorite. I like that my kids never have head slump in it and it is so padded. And being able to swap out the covers makes me feel like I'm getting a new seat each
time:cool:. No matter what seat I've tried, I always go back to the trusty Marathon!lol

I do still have a spare MA, but it stays in my parents jeep since they watch my DNi. I took it out for now to use with DS4 for now, but it has to go back in there by Weds. since my sister goes to the hospital for her C-section.:love: My parents with have her DD until she comes home so they need to be able to transport her. I do love the MA, but since the RA50 is very close to it and doesn't have the bars I could puzzle it better.:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC