getting a newer DOM?

What to do about 3/08 DOM on a "new" seat?

• Have Target send a new seat and hope it will have a newer DOM (repeat if needed)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Return the seat to a local Target and purchase from another vender (recs please)

• Go with another seat all together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other... please elaborate

• Total voters

mom2ari

I recently purchased a monet TF for DD, and I think I am in love with it, but the DOM was 3/08, which I think is totally unacceptable for a full price seat! I called costomer service and, while they understood my concerns, all they could tell me was that they could send out a new one (at no cost to me), but they are not able to check the DOM of their inventory so she could not assure me that it would be and newer, and if the new seat came and I was still unhappy they could again send a new seat or I could return it to my local target.

So I'm wondering if it is worth it to try out this return cycle or if there is somewhere else I can order that is more likely to send me a seat that has a newer DOM. (None of the stores in my area carry the seat) I am also tempted to bring it to my local Target and see if they would be willing to give me a percentage off (how much off should I ask for). I don't mind keeping the seat, but not for full price!

PS DD is currently in a SS1 and has plenty of room so I am not on a rushed time frame if that makes a difference.

ADS

momto2princes

I would return it and try again. The seat is over a full year old and to me that isn't acceptable esp not at full price. Up to about 6mths or so to me is ok.

Splash

I think it's unacceptable to expect something brand new with an online order from a big box store. Car seats are made and shipped and sold. Sometimes they move quickly, sometimes not. But things sit. Do you expect milk to be discounted if it expires in 8 days versus 10? Do you demand discounts on luggage because they've had it in the warehouse for 10 months? Why is it that people keep thinking stores have a mainline to the assembly line and it's made as soon as you order? It's not a restaurant, they don't make it fresh for you when you order. If you want it available when you order, you need to accept that the plastic isn't still warm. People get so angry when something is backordered or not in stock, but then when their in-stock supply is older, they freak.

If you demand something less than 20 minutes old, you have to do it yourself. If you order it online, make it a condition of sale. But even then, if you want hot off the press, you need to walk into a store and get it yourself. It's unfair to expect Target to keep sending you seats until you get one you like. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you got except it's not what you wanted. It is what you ordered, and it is not damaged. Therefore, if you want to keep returning and trying new, then the only fair thing to do would be for YOU to pay the shipping each time. Otherwise you're asking Target to take a loss for your error.

northernmommy

I don't know that I'd keep returning the seat until you got a newer one, but I also don't think it's acceptable to have to pay full price for a seat that you have lost one year of use for. Totally different than luggage, IMHO. And actually, if you think about it, stores (B&M and online) regularly clearance or have sales on last years merchandise...why should seats be any different really? If you get the seat on sale, then fine, an older DOM is reasonable. But to pay full price for an old seat...not as cool.
I understand your frustration...it's up to you to decide if the hassle of trying to get a newer one is worth the extra years worth of use. If you might oneday have another child to hand it down too, that year might make a big difference :twocents:

momto2princes

I wouldn't continue returning it. I would return it once and ask to have the dates checked of the stock they have, or return it and try my luck at a different retailer.

ZephyrBlue

I think that if you're going to order online, you're going to have to accept that you're taking a chance w/DOM. Honestly, should Target throw away all of the seats w/a DOM of 11 mos or older? That seems ridiculous and wasteful to me. This is one of those things where you need to shop in person, IMO, if you aren't able to verify all of the info that you feel you need to at the time that the purchase is made.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC