question on seat in China..

ADS

Maedze

I think it would be a terrible disservice to call that a 'car seat' because it's not. It looks about as substantial as a Baby B'jorn.

That baby should be in a rearfacing convertible, which China does have. Whatever that thing is, it's not safe.

VirginiaDavis

Yea, thats what the page calls it..a portable car seat lol I have never seen something like that before. I thought it looked like an baby sling too LOL

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, seeing as I saw NO carseats in use in China for any child other than Piper (and even she had to ride in the front because cabs don't have seatbelts in the back) I'd nearly rather that than nothing. And yes, they have seats. Piper and I had fun in the Toys R Us in Shanghai checking out their seats. Dismal selection, but they had infant, a couple of convertible, some combos, and boosters. But no one besides Piper used one in Shanghai I don't think. Most babies were carried on their parents laps wearing huge puffy snowsuits.

It says 7-30 months on another page. It's the baby kangaroo genuine counter portable carseat. hehe

Wendy

VirginiaDavis

That is what this mom was saying Wendy. That really no one uses seats and most babies ride in the front seat too. It is interesting and similar I guess to these:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/SAFETY-Tote-22-909-Booster-Seat/dp/B0007VU4KI"]Amazon.com: SAFETY 1ST Tote 'n Go DX 22-909 Booster Car Seat: Baby[/ame]

She said she isnt getting one, but saw it and was intrigued :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC