Bringing home baby

mominabigtruck

Anyone watching bringing home baby on tlc right now? They just put the baby in an evenflo portabout and the whole carseat moved when he put her in. Then I noticed the straps were like two inches above her shoulders!! They were on the highest setting, for a newborn!! I just feel bad, I mean if your not putting any effort into your newborn's seat then chances are you aren't going to care when they get older.

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I'm bummed that the producers of the show aren't doing more with regard to CPS and other newborn safety issues.

I caught another episode of this or one of the similar shows this summer and the parents stated that they weren't buying a car seat, because the hospital would give them one. . .When they left the hospital, they were loading a low in 3 pt harness seat into a new SUV with leather seats, etc.

But then, my local hospital (with several techs on staff) sent my co-worker home in a '98 seat and the seat belt in the vehicle I saw wasn't locked at all. I'm not sure if this was the same vehicle the baby went home in, but when I approached the mom about the two big issues I'd observed, she stated, "Well, the nurses put it in."

tchrgrrl

I saw a few minutes of an episode of Bringing Home Baby today where the infant seat straps were just hanging there and flopping around :(

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Their producers have been emailed on numerous occasions--they just don't care :(

I won't watch that show because it just ticks me off to no end with all the dangerous CRS use and the fact that it seems that half of the moms they feature complain about how hard BFing is and then give it up alltogether. I don't have kids, and even I know that it's not always something that just happens flawlessly--it takes work and practice. It just seems that they're glazing over a wonderful opportunity to show what it takes for successful BFing. And yes, I do know that in some cases BFing just won't happen for one reason or another.

tchrgrrl

I had never seen the show before today and after our experience yesterday, where properly used and installed seats (and a super safe van) protected my babies, I just cannot watch a show that is missing such a huge opportunity to share such important information with new and potential parents. Very sad.

lovinwaves

I just feel bad, I mean if your not putting any effort into your newborn's seat then chances are you aren't going to care when they get older.

"Chances Are" really doesn't mean anything. When my first baby was born I thought I was doing everything to take care of her to the fullest, but I wasn't. I was putting tremendous effort forward to be a wonderful provider, mother, guider, etc. Unfortunately, I was installing my carseat wrong in my vehicle. When I see someone that is misusing a seat, I never assume they are a bad parent, or are lacking in some way as a parent. I think several of us on this forum can relate ;)

mominabigtruck

OMG I saw the one where they talked about how they didn't buy a carseat because the hospital would give them one. They were riding around in a brand new Yukon and the hospital gave them a cosco arriva I believe and the guy complained about how cheap the seat was. Really, those seats are for people who absolutely can't afford one and here he was complaining about how it didn't have a base. Then I saw the mil went out and bought them a graco travel system with a snugride with a base.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OMG I saw the one where they talked about how they didn't buy a carseat because the hospital would give them one. They were riding around in a brand new Yukon and the hospital gave them a cosco arriva I believe and the guy complained about how cheap the seat was. Really, those seats are for people who absolutely can't afford one and here he was complaining about how it didn't have a base. Then I saw the mil went out and bought them a graco travel system with a snugride with a base.

Oh my gosh!!!! That is terrible!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC