Wwyd?

Dillipop

My local craigslist has an original safeguard seat for sale for $40!!! In the pic, you can see the registration attached to the harness. Brand new. I emailed the seller, who got back to me right away. It's never been used, so has never been in a crash. DOM 9/05. Normally, I would never think about getting a used seat, but....a safeguard for $40 :D I am calling in the morning to go see the seat. If you were me, what would you do? Thanks!

Here's a link to the seat-

http://providence.craigslist.org/bab/239588503.html

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow!!

I am glad you are going to go see the seat. I would check it over VERY carefully to see if there is an obvious reason why the woman is selling the seat for 10% of its retail price.

That is amazing!

Dillipop

I guess I should have asked why she is selling it? I will definitely ask when I call her tomorrow, maybe she just doesn't need it? AND doesn't realize what someone spent on it for her? Maybe (I hope it's this) she has realized that rearfacing is inherently safer and would not need this seat for another couple years, so why not spread the joy to me...:D I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

Dillipop

She's a TECH! Has a basement full of seats and was given this one to test out in the car...just tried it. Husband wanted her to clear out her basement. She even gave me the shpiel about not usually buying used seats, latch limits and not using latch in the center! Woohoo! I am on my way to pick up my $40 safeguard!:D

kfelaco

I could use another 65 lb harness seat, so if she's got any more goodies, let me know! I'm a quick drive to Cranston from here! LOL :D

LuvBug

OMG! Im so f*in jealous!
She got anything else good????

That is such a wonderful find, I think Im going to be jealous for the rest of the year!

hsjwmom

Me too!!!!! I want one and Dh will NEVER go for it. I DO have him trained well enough that when I said that dd#2 isn't going to last in her MA, he said to just get another Regent! (originally, he figured we were done buying carseats and that dd#1 would go her spare booster and give dd#2 the Regent)

Dillipop

Sorry, the only other seat she mentioned was the tattletale...

I got the seat and I already love it! It is sooooo easy to use. And I was able to get a rock solid install in the center of my buick with lapbelt, with the safeseat 1 next to it. I am just so excited and think i will be on a high for weeks over my great find! I am so glad I beat the other interested party in calling her this morning. I even set my alarm so I could make sure I was up and dressed to call her at 9 (the earliest I feel like it's appropriate to call someone.)

DS fits really well in the seat and has so much growing room. I will post some pictures when I find the batteries to the camera. It is such a sturdy seat and it has a 7 year expiration (and warranty), so I still have 6 years left.

I called DH AFTER I bought it (didn't want him to nix the purchase) and asked him how much he loved me. Thankfully, he wasn't upset about the purchase. How could he be? This seat makes our seat holdings a total of 7? for 2 kids. Oops! At least they all get used in my car, DH's car and my mom's car, so there's really only one in the basement at any time.

Can you tell I'm still really excited????????

Morganthe

That is absolutely great! :D Congratulations!!!!

psst, you really lucked out. When I was selling baby/infant items out of the military ads in Germany, 6:45-7am was when callers started working the phonelines. The day started for many workers at 6:30. I didn't mind. DD was always up from 4:30am and we'd nap around mid-morning. Everything was usually sold off by 8:30. I had some really sad people who had politely waited until 9. I felt really bad for them too. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC