Extremely important question

ADS

ctbcleveland

Yes - you do. So that one day, when my DS is finally forward facing, and I want that as a travel seat, I can buy it from one of you. Please save the original box.

HEVY

That was a choice of mine when I was in between seats. It's didn't install like it did in the video. If you can get an install like that then I would seriously consider it.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Are they being discontinued? if so, how did I miss that?

I have one, I don't know if I'll ever get to use it, but I have it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Are they being discontinued? if so, how did I miss that?

I have one, I don't know if I'll ever get to use it, but I have it!

SafeGuard will no longer be making mass market seats, only bus seats. It was announced a while back.

There is a rumor they sold the designs/are selling the designs to someone else, so it's concievable we'll see them again in the future, but who knows.

all together ooky

Shoot! I missed that announcement. I was thinking about getting a Go. Hmm...maybe I'll just get a vest instead. Which one's easier for travel?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Shoot! I missed that announcement. I was thinking about getting a Go. Hmm...maybe I'll just get a vest instead. Which one's easier for travel?

It depends on what you mean by "easier." And what you mean by "travel." LOL!

There are pros and cons to both.

The vest can go in any car with a lap/shoulder belt, with or without tether. It can fit in tighter spaces, and it's less bulky (as long as you leave the back part off.) The kid can even wear it around town if desired (and not too hot) which is great for taxis, etc. But, you have to put the kid in and out each time; it takes about 3-4 times as long as doing up a tether, IME. And some kids don't like it as much. And it won't fit as big of a range of kids.

The GO requires a tether. It's a pain in many cars to put in with seatbelt, and usually a breeze with LATCH. But once you put it in, it's in. If you're renting and going to be in one car the whole trip, you put it in once and it stays in, KWIM? Little more bulky and heavier to carry around if you're going in cabs, and you'd have to call ahead to make sure your cab will have a tether.

So like I said, depends on your situation. :)

No experience with the GO, but it'd be hard to find anything that's as easy to travel with as the vest - it's practically flat. Also nice that it has no expiry date, I assume the GO has an expiry date

aeormsby

The GO has a 7 year expiration. I ordered one from elitecarseats.com in March and the manuf date was Aug '08 I think. Looks like they still have some in stock for $135. We had ours in our truck for a couple of months, but just got a Frontier this week so the Go will now be strictly a travel seat. I wanted something that would make it easier to travel with 2 kids by myself. It's pretty easy to install (haven't tried with the seatbelt yet) and super easy to adjust. If you needed a seat for different FF kids to use this would be great. The vests can't stay in the vehicle correct? We usually visit family so I like being able to install it once for a week long trip and be done.

Ann

morninglori

there are crimson GOs on liquidation at babynewsonline for $120. I am about 2 miles from the outlet...they sometimes have them even cheaper IRL - depending on DOM, but then there is CA tax.

The vests can't stay in the vehicle correct?
The vest actually can stay in the vehicle. I have mine top-tethered and buckled with the lap belt when it's not in use ('97 Civic has just a lap belt in the center seat). It stays nice and flat between my DDs' Air Booster and Parkway, and when we need to use it I just need to unbuckle the seat belt, kid slips vest on, buckle vest, buckle seat belt, and away we go:thumbsup: Yes it's a bit more time consuming than buckling an installed 5-pt. harness seat or a booster, but can't beat it for small spaces like in my Civic

2BunniesMommy

Probably!

We have one we got for a travel seat. The original model before they changed the min. age and weight limits. So glad to have it when Grammy was going to buy a seat for in her car and I said we have this one just sitting here, you can use it in your car for when you take DD out. Much better than her purchasing something to protect my child and me having no say it what it would be!

Splash

I love the GO. And I would be using is probably as a primary seat. It allows Charlie so much leg room in my tiny backseat, and I can fit it beside Sam's seat (whether I can install it is yet to be seen, but it fits, which is half the battle).

The only other thing I would want is an XT. Which I WANT. Badly. But the install with belt is horrid. But it's more versatile.

Decisions suck.

AJ told me I should buy one. So why am I doubting her?

lovinwaves

If you get it and change your mind later down the road, I'm sure someone would snatch it up for good money in swap.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
there are crimson GOs on liquidation at babynewsonline for $120. I am about 2 miles from the outlet...they sometimes have them even cheaper IRL - depending on DOM, but then there is CA tax.

I have CA tax buying from them anyway... ;)

Where's the outlet?

The vest actually can stay in the vehicle. I have mine top-tethered and buckled with the lap belt when it's not in use ('97 Civic has just a lap belt in the center seat). It stays nice and flat between my DDs' Air Booster and Parkway, and when we need to use it I just need to unbuckle the seat belt, kid slips vest on, buckle vest, buckle seat belt, and away we go Yes it's a bit more time consuming than buckling an installed 5-pt. harness seat or a booster, but can't beat it for small spaces like in my Civic

Much harder to do that with a lap/shoulder belt. ;) I can leave it tethered and kind of half buckled in, but it's almost as much work to put it in again as if I had taken it out completely. (Difference is, less work getting it out!)

Oh my gosh! I didn't know they weren't making car seats anymore! I want a Safeguard Child Seat in the worst way!!!!

Better get one soon!!!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Oh wow! I missed this too! I think it's a great travel seat. I have absolutely no reason to buy one but I do think it's a neat seat!

morninglori

I have CA tax buying from them anyway... ;)

Where's the outlet?

It's the BabyNews Outlet (not a SafeGuard outlet) is in Livermore, CA. The outlet has a bunch of seats, most of them older DOM. They have pretty much all the brands that they sell on their online store.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC