grumpy

Simplysomething

Ya'll.

I feel so bad. This weekend has been hell (I'm a cashier. I'm now sick of Christmas, and Christmas shoppers. And it's still only NOVEMBER...).

Anyway, there was a family in with their newborn in an infant seat, they were not in my line... they were in the line next to mine. They only had the chest clip connected. I don't know if they got into the car and then fastened the crotch buckle or not. I wish I'd have said something, but I was so irritated that I wasn't in the position to speak nicely to anyone (I was barely able to grunt hello, and the total to my customers by that time. Christmas time brings out cranky jerks. lol)

I'm off tomorrow, thank goodness. Of course, it's a school day, so I've got to get up and get my 6 year old up. But he's been sick all weekend, so we may be making a trip to the peds office. What fun. [He's been in bed since 6:30, bedtime is normally 8:30. He didn't even fight me on it. Except to say how it's weird to go to bed before his little brother]

Now, I'm going to go Christmas shopping tomorrow, hopefully, if I don't have a flat tire and C isn't sick... If I do or he is, I'm just going to curl up in a ball and CRY.

Bah humbug.

(Lets play how many times did I almost quit today. At least 5.)

Last edited:
ADS

Yoshi

I hear you! I spent 15 years of my life in retail in various capacities, and now I can never shop during Thanksgiving weekend- the crowds of wackos make me very stressed out. We avoid the mall completely if possible, but then again, we are not big holiday shoppers- just for our own kids and we make it very simple- I've seen what happens when kids have TOO much.

As far as the family with the infant that you mentioned- maybe they just wait until they put him in the car to buckle him in...ya have to sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes. I used to wheel my dd around completely unbuckled in her carseat/stroller combo in stores until I realized (probably an unreasonable fear, I guess) someone could snatch her out of there in like 2 seconds, so I'd buckle her, but loosen it up a bit.

Here's wishing you an unstressful day and hopefully things will calm down for a while at work!

mominabigtruck

I was in kmart late last night and in front of me in line was a couple of girls with a baby in a safety 1st infant seat. Neither one of the girls looked like they were older then 18, but anyways, the baby looked like it was pretty close to outgrowing the seat, head wasn't at the top, but she looked pretty heavy for it. I didn't get out my scale and weigh her or anything like that. So anyways, the cashier, who doesn't look any older then them just out of the blue says "that baby is too big for that seat". I just thought, wow that was really rude, I mean not to say the baby wasn't too big for the seat, I don't know. Fit wise she wasn't too bad, but I really don't think saying things like that is going to get you anywhere. Plus, after that she didn't say anything about why she was too big for the seat, so her saying anything at all was completely pointless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC