Is this carseat dry seat protector ok

my2kidsSafe

i was checking out the sunshine kids radian website and i noticed that they had this seat that they are giving away free with purchase of an 80 or xt. Is it safe to say its safe since it is from the manufactuer. We will eventually need a back up seat, and i was thinking of getting the radian so i can fit a 3 across in the back of the van when needed. DS is just beginning to potty train so i'm thinking of getting the seat early and using it during our potty training days in place of his MA.

http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/?gclid=CJKLs7vOkpsCFVpM5Qod1DTVpA

ADS

canmom

I have one on my XT right now as DS is potty training too. It is fairly thin so I wouldn't worry about it :twocents:. The mesh XT covers take forever to dry so I want to avoid washing it as much as possible ;).

andre149

I probably wouldn't use it full time... but if I knew there was going to be "moisture" involved (ie: swimming, potty training, etc.) I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

seamonkeys

Anybody know if this would fit on a Marathon? DS2 has been wearing underwear for just over a week and we'll be going on a long car drive in 3 weeks. I'm a little concerned he'll have an accident if I can't get stopped in time. Though I'm also thinking of just bring my other cover, just in case!

NVMBR02

Anybody know if this would fit on a Marathon? DS2 has been wearing underwear for just over a week and we'll be going on a long car drive in 3 weeks. I'm a little concerned he'll have an accident if I can't get stopped in time. Though I'm also thinking of just bring my other cover, just in case!

If no one knows I can check tomorrow, there is a MA in dh's car (he is working) and I have the pad upstairs.

OP, I used it with my son when he was first potty training. I thought it was a bit of a pain, since it would bunch up sometimes, but I could be just lazy. It is certainly easier then cleaning the cover/seat.

2BunniesMommy

I would have to say no since it is not a Britax product and certainly not tested with the Marathon. I'd go with pull ups at that point. That is what we did for DD for any out of town trips the first month of being potty trained, maybe even 2 months. I even kept some around for a trip we took last month. Ended up leaving them at home because she was doing so well by then. I just told her that we were doing it just in case we couldn't get to a bathroom in time and that she would be in underwear when we got where we were going. I figured that would help keep her from thinking she was back in diapers. She did great.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have one and I found it not to be waterproof AT ALL. :thumbsdown: I bought it to use on the plane when DS was still in diapers (he would ALWAYS overflow his diapers on the plane. :rolleyes:) That thing couldn't even handle the leakage from a diaper - I can't imagine it would do anything for an accident in only underwear.

I was sorely disappointed with it. :thumbsdown:

seamonkeys

We have one and I found it not to be waterproof AT ALL. :thumbsdown: I bought it to use on the plane when DS was still in diapers (he would ALWAYS overflow his diapers on the plane. :rolleyes:) That thing couldn't even handle the leakage from a diaper - I can't imagine it would do anything for an accident in only underwear.

I was sorely disappointed with it. :thumbsdown:

Well, then maybe I should just stick with bringing the extra seat cover or putting him in pull-ups. He's ok wearing diapers still at night, so hopefully he won't have an isse. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was fine, just want to be prepared.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I use one full-time in my oldest child's seat, and have one for my middle child when she starts to potty-train too. :) I have no hesitations about it.

Holly

I have 2 of them, but don't use them often because they bunch up really bad. I have to hold it in place when dd climbs in or she will bunch it up getting in, but I have to have the Radian in the middle to fit my 3 across, and it's a pain to reach in like that all the time. But my dd has been potty trained for a year with no accidents away from home (she has an occasional one at home if she gets too busy playing and then has to run to the potty before it's too late).
Does anyone know anything about the piddle pad, if it's safe and fits in a MA or FPSVD? dd#2 will be potty training soon.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I, OTOH, don't have significant bunching problems. Maybe it's an issue of crotch buckle setting? Where are your crotch buckles?

shorty393

i use the piddle pads you can get at babies r us. we have had a couple accidents and it works great. you do have to make sure it stays in place when they get in, but it isnt a big deal to me. they are only 5.99 i think at BRU. we have 2 so i can swap them out if he has an accident.

Holly

I, OTOH, don't have significant bunching problems. Maybe it's an issue of crotch buckle setting? Where are your crotch buckles?

Mine is on the furthest out position. It bunches behind her back though, like it slides down under her, als when she gets out when it's in there, it's sliding all over the place so I have to fix it each time. Dh puts her in a lot, and he doesn't check for thinks like bunching, etc so I just took it out.

Splash

It'll fit on a MA, but I haven't been impressed with the ones I've seen (though I don't own one). I just cut a crotch buckle hole in a lap pad and works just as well. Better, even. It's not absorbent, but helps if there is any wicking or leaking.
Puppy pads would probably work even better, and those are pretty absorbent.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Mine is on the furthest out position. It bunches behind her back though, like it slides down under her, als when she gets out when it's in there, it's sliding all over the place so I have to fix it each time. Dh puts her in a lot, and he doesn't check for thinks like bunching, etc so I just took it out.

Huh. That's where mine is and we don't have that problem. Maybe it's a difference in the way she climbs in. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC