What would you do?

frugalmom

Please weigh in.

DD is 3 years 3 months. She is 34 lbs. Currently RF in a BLVD.

Do I turn her ff?

Buy a My Ride

Or just weigh her all the time?

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
At 3y3m I would FF a physically and developmentally typical child, but buying a MyRide to keep her RF would certainly not be a bad thing to do (assuming she fits, etc.)

frugalmom

Yeah the thing is that I can't look at a My Ride in person. They are about an hour away.
I am worried about buying one and it doesn't work for us at all. I wouldn't use it if she could rf in it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I was just in a similar situation, when DD hit 33 lbs. (We have MA/FPSVD with 33 lb. RF limits.) At 3Y7M, I chose to FF her rather than buy a My Ride.

Do you have a newer (2/08 or newer) BLVD? If yours is older, it has a 33-lb. RF limit and you MUST turn her FF in this seat. If you have a newer BLVD with a 35-lb. RF limit, I personally would still turn her FF rather than weigh her every day.

I probably wouldn't buy a My Ride for her even if I had the money (which I don't) but I'd use one RF if it were free. :p And considering that your screen name is "frugalmom," I'm guessing that the option of buying a whole new seat doesn't really appeal to you either. :p

frugalmom

I probably wouldn't buy a My Ride for her even if I had the money (which I don't) but I'd use one RF if it were free. :p And considering that your screen name is "frugalmom," I'm guessing that the option of buying a whole new seat doesn't really appeal to you either. :p

;)
I actually totally would buy another seat if I could get her to rf for the next 9 months.
I really wanted her to make it until 4.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
;)
I actually totally would buy another seat if I could get her to rf for the next 9 months.

Then drive to where you can see one (really, an hour isn't very long! I have to drive an hour to get anywhere other than Walmart!), and try her in it :) If she still fits, buy it :)

DahliaRW

The shell height is comparable to the Blvd, so you can get an idea of how long it would last height wise from that.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
;)

There you go, then - that's your answer! :thumbsup:

Then drive to where you can see one (really, an hour isn't very long! I have to drive an hour to get anywhere other than Walmart!), and try her in it :) If she still fits, buy it :)

Gypsy's right, an hour isn't that long. Just make sure you install the seat in your vehicle, if at all possible, because kids often fit in car seats differently once they're installed.

AtTheSouthDam

What would I do? I would toatlly drive an hour just to check out a new seat :) Around nap time, then maybe DD2 would actually sleep and I have can have some quiet. And I bring fruit snacks so I could bribe her to get in the seat at least twice. And then I would go home, knowing if it worked, weigh DD2 daily and waiting patiently as I could for better the patterns to get released.

But that is what I would do :D

personally, if my LO was over 3YO and hovering around the RF limit of a 35-lb limit BV, I'd turn her FF:duck:
Part of my reasoning is that the pics of a FF MyRide look more reclined than I would think would be comfy, and just the overall quality of a Britax vs. Graco make me think that I'd rather save the $ for a great HBB when LO outgrows the BV, rather than spend the $ on a MR now for a few more months of RF. But that's just my :twocents: - you know that if you really want to get a good new seat for your LO, there'll be plenty of folks to back you up:D

frugalmom

Oh could I just order one on Walmart and return it if it doesn't work? Do they do returns if you take it out of the box?

FrogJuice

I honestly wouldn't waste my time on the myride, you have a nice carseat and if you blvd goes to 35lbs you have a few pounds left of RF time, it could take her months to gain those few pounds if she goes without a growth spurt, plus I wouldn't have a problem with a 3yo FF.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
yes, keep your receipt and walmart will take it back, i just took back two secnaras that were installed in my moms car for a week,(but not used) because kmart had them on sale much cheeper, and that is exactly what i told them.

if it doesn't work take it back and tell them it did not fit your child like you hoped it would

JMO

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC