i don't know if anyone ever caught this..

didymama

in Cheaper by the Dozen 2 they have a newborn FF at the very end. CAN I TELL YOU I WENT THROUGH THE ROOF WHEN I SAW THAT!!! now i hate that movie!!!!! has hollywood learned NOTHING?????

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I caught it and wasn't too impressed. Why go to all the work to have good baby stuff in a movie and not even use it properly?

I think it was in Big Mama's House 2 that at the end of the movie they did the same thing! Infant seat ff for a itty bitty baby! I told my husband I was going to e-mail them and he laughed at me! (btw I never did e-mail them!)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There are A LOT of movies with "scary" carseat use. In fact, I think it is so unusual to see proper carseat use that it sticks out when you do see proper carseat use!

I'm trying to remember which movie it was where a social worker comes and gets a toddler from a house. The SW loads the child into a carseat that moves A LOT when she puts the toddler in it. I mean A LOT!!!! I can't remember which movie that was, though!

lovinwaves

What about that Chevy "Aveo" (i think that's it?) commercial. Where they have the man pulling his forward-facing way to young infant out, and the baby changes into a Sumo looking guy. That baby looks to be in a Britax, but looks way to young to be forward-facing. They did however look like they had the straps, and chest piece correctly installed.:rolleyes:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
What about that Chevy "Aveo" (i think that's it?) commercial. Where they have the man pulling his forward-facing way to young infant out, and the baby changes into a Sumo looking guy. That baby looks to be in a Britax, but looks way to young to be forward-facing. They did however look like they had the straps, and chest piece correctly installed.:rolleyes:

I remember that one! I thought the seat looked like a cosco!? He did look pretty little in the seat but the seat looked like it was in there securely (tight) and yeah the straps looked like they were in the right spots:)

lovinwaves

No, I am the one that is not good about other seats.. :p

Anyone know then what seat that was in the chevy aveo commercial?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't think I have seen that commercial. I will keep an eye out for it.

Identifying seats is one of my odd, not very marketable, useless "talents." ;) :rolleyes: I will definitely keep an eye out.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
No, I am the one that is not good about other seats.. :p

Anyone know then what seat that was in the chevy aveo commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzhyyXiLGOY

Here is the video
Watching the video again (I haven't seen it on TV in forever) I was mixed up with another commercial with a yellow car seat in it! I think this one might be a graco comfortsport!? Just because of the upfront adjuster with the straps. I have only ever seen graco/century with that kind. What does everyone else think?

Simplysomething

There are A LOT of movies with "scary" carseat use. In fact, I think it is so unusual to see proper carseat use that it sticks out when you do see proper carseat use!

I'm trying to remember which movie it was where a social worker comes and gets a toddler from a house. The SW loads the child into a carseat that moves A LOT when she puts the toddler in it. I mean A LOT!!!! I can't remember which movie that was, though!

Do ya'll ever watch older movies and cringe at NO ONE wearing seat belts? The kiddies in the front seat...or in the back of the station wagons, or whatever. lol (Or the really old movies where there were no seat belts in the cars...)

Anyway. There was a discussion about the cheaper by the dozen movie a few months ago too. Since I haven't seen it, I didn't participate in that thread. lol

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am 99% sure you are right-- that is a Graco ComfortSport. It could have been a Century Accel, but the chest clip looks more like Graco than like Century. I am 99% sure it is a ComfortSport.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
It is a ComfortSport. Kudos to Chevy for at least getting the CRS use correct :) I'd certainly hope so, they're one of SafeKids' biggest sponsors.

Tara

Ok, I sit here, can't believe I missed the Cheaper by the Dozen 2 car seat thing...we've watched that movie several times..that is just too weird
I guess I'll have to watch it this afternoon to see for myself.

Oh..but I did notice (again ;) ) that there's a Marathon in use in The Pacifier :) And we'll just 'nevermind' how he strapped the baby in the infant seat the first time LMHO

skaterbabs

...... And we'll just 'nevermind' how he strapped the baby in the infant seat the first time LMHO

ROFLOL I recorded this on our DVR the the other day and DH noticed. He warned me "There's a scene in this that you're going to hate!"

I told him I already knew about it, but thanks anyway. lol :rolleyes:

mominabigtruck

I can still remember watching a lifetime movie with sarah jessica parker and sally field, its probably 10 years old. A social worker went to pick the kids up and she put the baby in a laundry basket in the front of a station wagon. I was just a teenager when I saw that but it still sticks out in my mind.

SPJ&E

I haven't seen that movie, but my friend told me about that, which is why I haven't watched it. As soon as I seen a carseat used incorrectly in a movie, I'm done...can't watch it anymore because I get soooo aggravated!

In The Hills Have Eyes, they have a small baby, forward-facing in an infant carseat near the beginning and guess what...that movie got turned off, lol, and I won't try to watch it again.

I don't see why, in the movie industry, knowing that so many people are going to watch these movies, they don't try to use carseats and seatbelts correctly. Grrr!

SPJ&E

Oh and I don't know if any of you watch Gilmore Girls, but there was an episode a couple weeks ago where Loralei put a little girl in her carseat and buckled the chest clip...nothing else. Then it goes to where they're driving and you see one strap hanging off the shoulder...horrible! It was a Britax Marathon too.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
LOL, DH accused me of only watching the Pacifier because I had seen the scene in the preview where Vin Diesel "stunt drives" the kids to school in the family's Sienna, lol. Totally unrealistic and not a vehicle suited for such maneuvering, lol. Combined with the carseat faux pas, it was very laughable, but also annoying. I also yelled at Cheaper by the Dozen. I keep saying if the film crews have baby wranglers and parents on hand to keep the youngest cast members happy and smiling, then they can also have CPS techs serve as carseat wranglers to get the carseat scenes right. The same is needed for magazine photo shoots with kids in carseats. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC