Expecting Twins

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Nooooo...not ME silly! My boss's fiancee. :D

I want to be ready because I know the questions are coming. Money isn't really an issue.

I'm assuming a somewhat early delivery and/or smaller birth weight because it's twins.

I think KeyFits will be the best choice. 22 or 30? And why? If there is a better choice, what would that be?

And what double strollers will the KFs fit into? Can they be put in a SRer frame?

Thanks!

ADS

abigaylebelle

I agree with the keyfits, my friend's preemie came home in one at under 5 lbs and fit great. I would choose the 30 since they have the same lower weight limit. Even if they switch to a convertible around one year they can still use the 30s for air travel and such which is much lighter than lugging nearly 20lb convertibles without handles. There are a number of strollers and frames that are compatible with the keyfit as well.

CTPDMom

I agree with the keyfits, my friend's preemie came home in one at under 5 lbs and fit great. I would choose the 30 since they have the same lower weight limit. Even if they switch to a convertible around one year they can still use the 30s for air travel and such which is much lighter than lugging nearly 20lb convertibles without handles. There are a number of strollers and frames that are compatible with the keyfit as well.

Ooohh...good point about using them to travel. I was thinking why spend the money when I know they are going to have convertibles eventually...these kids definitely won't be going from the carrier to a FF seat. But I hadn't thought about the travel part, or, frankly, even about the convenience part! :thumbsup:

Do you know which strollers/frames that are DOUBLES are compatible?

my2kidsSafe

When is she due? I'm assuming she is in Conn like you. I am MA and i loved having the option of putting my ds in his carseat in a warm house and then just popping it into the base in the cold winter. Also the same when going somewhere once you arrive. So if i was in her situation i would go with the 30. Dh's cousin just had twins a few months ago and has the contours double stroller that she uses with her safeseat. She loves it. I like that you can use it just like a universal carseat carrier as both seats come out when using it with infant seats. I believe it works with keyfit, although she may have to buy an additional carseat attachment as i believe it comes with one. I also like that you have the option of turning the seat so that the babies can see each other.

Do you know which strollers/frames that are DOUBLES are compatible?

The BabyTrend Double Snap'n'Go is a very popular option and IIRC it works with most infant carriers - this came out a couple years after my twins were born so I have no IRL experience with it but parents in my local Multiples Club are quite happy with it. The only doubles I know of that take TWO infant carriers are tandem strollers like the DuoGlider, and JMO the resulting combination of two infant seats and a tandem stroller is a bit bulky for my taste although many other families have been satisfied with that setup.

You'll also want to suggest that they check out their local parents of multiples club. Go to the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NOMOTC) web site and do a zip code search to find the nearest club. Great resource for parent support groups, playgroups, useful local info (pediatricians, OB/GYNs, twin-friendly play areas, etc.), and awesome deals on gently-used clothing, gear, etc. through the club classifieds and/or garage sales (most clubs have at least one annual garage sale)

Louisa

CPST Instructor
the keyfits are great! I LOVED my double snap and go! i was soo sad when we stopped using the infant seats because it was sooo much easier! I think the one i had was Swan brand and it had different adjustments to fit different infant seats, it was such a help!

my twins were born at 35 weeks and came home a little over 4lbs

CTPDMom

just for the record, although many twins are born somewhat early, it's not necessarily a given - mine had to be induced at 41 weeks:eek:

Wow! LOL

I didn't mean to imply they *couldn't* be full term or on the bigger side, only that it was more likely with twins that they be smaller so a seat that fits smaller babies well would be my first choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC