Interesting fact about Britax...

lovinwaves

Britax Childcare is the foremost manufacturer and supplier in the premium segment of child car safety seats, accounting for around 40% of the German and UK markets, 60% of Australia and 13% of the US.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow!

I think we in the US need to catch up to Australia. They are at 60% and we are at 13%? We need to catch up! :) :cool: (Can you tell I am a Britax fan?)

Thanks, Melissa. That is interesting!

lovinwaves

Wow!

I think we in the US need to catch up to Australia. They are at 60% and we are at 13%? We need to catch up! :) :cool: (Can you tell I am a Britax fan?)

Thanks, Melissa. That is interesting!

Well, now I am wondering why they are much more popular "Down There". Are they more affordable down there? Are people more affluent there? Are they interested more in car safety? Do they not have many other choices to choose from?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't think they have as much to choose from and they have pretty strict rules I think as far as what has to be on the seat etc, so Britax is probably just one of the only ones who will step up and make those seats. Here any Joe Schmoe can make seats.

rj'smom

I don't think they have as much to choose from and they have pretty strict rules I think as far as what has to be on the seat etc, so Britax is probably just one of the only ones who will step up and make those seats. Here any Joe Schmoe can make seats.

I noticed your signature. Congradulation on your new addition:D .

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can think of 3 reasons why Britax has a lower share of the market in North America compared to other areas-

Graco
Evenflo
Cosco

I know they sell in other areas, too, but they've been in the USA a lot longer than Britax, who I believe started in the late 90s and didn't really become popular until a few years later.

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
At the rate Britax is going, they are going to be slipping further behind rather than getting ahead. There have been so many issues lately, with RF lockoffs that don't work properly, seats that need bases replaced as they do not stay in the upright position, and now with the new recall that seems to leave so many questions about their other seats. I really like my Britax seats, but I am getting concerned about the company under it's new management.

Sharlene

lovinwaves

At the rate Britax is going, they are going to be slipping further behind rather than getting ahead. There have been so many issues lately, with RF lockoffs that don't work properly, seats that need bases replaced as they do not stay in the upright position, and now with the new recall that seems to leave so many questions about their other seats. I really like my Britax seats, but I am getting concerned about the company under it's new management.

Sharlene

Good point. I am starting to wonder myself. It seems like anytime a company is bought out or taken over there seems to be issues...:(

beeman

I'll disagree on that any Joe Schmoe can make seats here, because the Britax Regent or Husky can't come into Canada. As for all the recalls, at least they are catching the issues and carrying through with the recalls, and hopefully fixing the problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC