sienna, odyssey, sedona

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So...these seem to be the consitently top ranked minivans, both for safety, reliability and all around general awesomeness. I would be looking at a 1-3 year old model. Are there really ANY ditinguishing things I should know of?
Should I just shut my trap and go drive them and see which I like best?
Are there any pthers I should give consideration to?

ADS

firemomof3

I just completed a 6mo. "journey" to finding a new minivan. I also wanted either a Sienna, Odyssey or Sedona and our budget was $15K. So, what I found was that I loved :love: the 8 passenger Sienna & Odyssey but in my price range they had 60-80K miles on them :( So, we ended up buying an 06 Sedona EX with 40K miles. It has the power doors and tailgate which is pretty cool! Its been very car seat friendly and drives great...no issues.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Honda and Toyotas command stupid prices on 1-3 year old models in some areas. Sometimes, you can get a good deal on a new one cheaper than a 1 year old used one.

No question the Kia and Hyundai (Entourage is identical to the Sedona) command much lower resale values. I think for being safe and practical, any of them would be great. Find the one you like best or can get the best deal. Reliability and fuel economy may be in favor of the Honda and Toyota, so be sure to do your research if those are major issues.

Marvin711

I have owned a sienna and now have an odyssey love both. We got a smoking deal on our 2009 odyssey last month- my husband handled most of the details but I do know they came off sticker price more than 8k which we had not found Honda willing to do in the past.
The Honda feels wider than my 2005 sienna did. We have a rearfacing marathon and a regent. Both are in the middle row and installed easily- we also tried out the regent in the 3rd row with no problems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC