Radian Carseats ???

U

Unregistered

Canadian Mamas, Papas and CPSTs!

I am trying to figure out the difference in the radian carseats. From what I can tell, there are 3 versions now available: Radian, Premiere, and XT.

The new XT just arrived in Canada, and I believe that it rf until 35lbs and ff to 65lbs.

I have a 2yo premiere that rf until 30lbs and ff with 5pt harness until 65lbs. (I'm sure there was a reason I got the premiere and not the other one, but I can't remember why! )

Then there is the plain radian (or radian 65 on some sites). I believe it ff to 65lbs, but I'm wondering about the rfing limit - is it 30lbs or is it lower? Is the only difference between it and the premiere that the premiere comes with the infant inserts?

Are they still making the regular radian, or is it all old stock?

Any ideas? I am so confused. Thanks in advance!

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Hi there! :)

There isn't much difference between the regular Radian and the Premiere. They have the same weight limits (30RF/65FF) and shell/harness heights. The Premiere comes with the fancier covers, the infant insert and a carrying strap. The XT has the higher RF weight limit (35lbs) as well as headwings. It has the same FF limit (65lbs.)

The regular Radian is still in production. :thumbsup:

HTH! :)

syd'smom

Re: Radian Carseats ??? ETA: trufit or xt??

OK - thanks for the info. I must have gotten the premiere so I had the infant inserts (dd still uses part of it and she's 2.5 yo!). I thought it had a higher rfing limit than the "plain" one.

Now to part two of my question: Above mentioned dd is 2.5yo, about 27lbs, and maybe 35". She still has several inches of shell above her head in her rfing radian premiere.

We are expecting #2 at the end of August. We have a bucket that we may use, but I'd prefer to just get another carseat. I was thinking of using the premiere for the new babe and getting another seat for DD that rearfaces to 35lbs - so I'm thinking either the radian xt or the trufit. Am I missing any other possibilities? For price/features and length of use, which would be the better option for us??

TIA ;)

Last edited:

syd'smom

I am the OP. I finally signed up so I could ask questions here without always having to hassle my fave local cpsti (hi Trudy! ;))

Any thoughts about what to get for 2nd kiddo?

oh - and I just heard about a new foot for the radian that would allow a more upright install rearfacing?? Anyone know anything about that? tia! ;)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician

I was thinking of using the premiere for the new babe and getting another seat for DD that rearfaces to 35lbs - so I'm thinking either the radian xt or the trufit. Am I missing any other possibilities? For price/features and length of use, which would be the better option for us??

Hmm. Well, *my* first thought would be that a RF Radian at the full 45° newborn recline takes up a LOT of room front-to-back. A seat like the True Fit - especially with its removable headrest - may be an easier fit in your vehicle during the newborn period. Or, you could use the bucket just until the baby is strong enough to handle a more upright Radian (or maybe you've got no problem getting a Radian in at full recline. ;))

Another consideration is that apparently Graco is testing the MyRide for sale here in Canada. I have no idea when (or even if) it might appear, but if it comes in with the same 40lb RF limit it has in the 'States, it could be a good option for your older daughter. Again, you could use the bucket for your baby in the meantime.

Hope that helps some! :)

wendyroo2001

I have both the old and the new bases, and the upright-ness of the seat is EXACTLY the same with either base. The new base DOES fit between the latch hooks better, but if you are just doing seatbelt install, it doesn't make any difference at all in how upright you can get the seat. Thats my experience anyways.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC