Question about RA50 and ERF

tracee877

So the RA50 manual says do not use the outer most crotch position RF. It also says use the position that is closest to but not under the child. DS2 is 9 months and the buckle is in the middle position and is already somewhat under him. My question is how would this work for ERF? I just can't see a 2 or 3yo in the middle position without it being impossible to buckle. :confused:

Here's a pic:

005_1245090310.jpg

ADS

tracee877

Yeah my other 2 didnt PT until close to 3 and slightly after 3. It just seems stupid to turn the child FF just because they won't allow use of the outer position FF.:thumbsdown:

ETA: Is the Decathlon the same way??

Holly

Thats dumb! We're going to get a RA50 in August, I want to RF my son until he's 3. We have a FPSVD that has 3 years before it expires that we could use, but I was hoping to use the RA50 because of the RF tether.
Why would it not be ok to use the furthest crotch position? on the FPSVD, the furthest out position is the only position that can be used at all.

tracee877

I don't know, the manual doesn't say. The seatbelt or latch belt has to be in front of the buckle when RF so maybe that has something to do with it?

Jennifer mom to my 7

I don't know, the manual doesn't say. The seatbelt or latch belt has to be in front of the buckle when RF so maybe that has something to do with it?

:yeahthat:
Now, my decathlon manual doesn't say this, but the newer one I think does. Yet, isn't the marathon supposed to be behind? I don't think they wanted to deal with the discrepencies, slot 1 and 2 in front, slot 3 behind, kwim?

2BunniesMommy

Yeah my other 2 didnt PT until close to 3 and slightly after 3. It just seems stupid to turn the child FF just because they won't allow use of the outer position FF.:thumbsdown:

ETA: Is the Decathlon the same way??
Yes, the Decathlon manual says that too.

emandbri

I don't remember my decathlon manual saying that. I know I used the furthest crotch position rear-facing in fact I always used the furthest one except on road trips when he was in disposables.

That cover is adorable! They should make a frontier in it!

Holly

So, do you think it would be ok to use that position anyway?
I know I want the RA50 instead of a MA because I dont want the bars on the sides, I don't like Hugs and don't want to have to use it, I don't need lockoffs, and I like the cowmoo cover with the black on the sides.
Would it be better to put ds in the FPSVD RF once he would need a further out strap position and not have it tethered (dd#2 could move to the RA50 at that point)?

tracee877

Here he is in the MA, there's about 1-1.5" between the buckle and diaper but he tends to slouch down in the MA because of the gap.

011_1245105073.jpg

aclayton74

Thats dumb! We're going to get a RA50 in August, I want to RF my son until he's 3. We have a FPSVD that has 3 years before it expires that we could use, but I was hoping to use the RA50 because of the RF tether.
Why would it not be ok to use the furthest crotch position? on the FPSVD, the furthest out position is the only position that can be used at all.

From what I have read you can't tether the RA 50 rear-facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC