At least he's safer now

Pixels

I just got back from a week vacation with DH's side of the family, which includes my DNe. DNe is 19 months, 26 pounds, and I don't know how tall but he's short. You know I was itching to check out the carseat install ... Oh I was so so :( at what I saw. FFing EFTA, LATCH upside down and loose, and the top tether was clipped directly to the tether anchor point behind the seat in FIL's pickup. I was able to pull the top of the seat forward about 6 inches without unclipping the tether.

So I brought FIL out, showed him what was wrong, and then demonstrated putting it in right. All of that took maybe 5 minutes. He was so impressed, because apparently, when he took it to the fire hall, they (2 or 3 guys) spent 20-30 minutes swearing up a storm and wrestling with it to install it as poorly as I found it. They installed for the parent, and did no education. :thumbsdown: These were supposed to be certified techs, as FIL found them off the list of techs. Oh, and they didn't do any paperwork, either. I took the seat back out and made FIL reinstall it, and he did really well.

I educated SIL (DNe's Mom) on FFing vs. RFing. I showed her pictures of spinal development, told her the stats, showed her pics of older RFers (she was worried about the comfort of their legs). She chose to keep him FFing, but at least now it's an informed decision.

ADS

MomToEliEm

Glad to hear you were able to show FIL how to correctly install his seat. Too bad it isn't rearfacing, but at least you gave them the info.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC