Hi

kalhayd

So I finally joined. :) (questions about RF and such were mine).

We sold our carseat on Craigslist(A Nautilus) surprised it was bought within 24 hours of posting it. Since I could NEVER buy a used carseat. And we bought her an Evenflo Titan. Was looking at the other Evenflo's and couldn't tell the drastic 60 dollar price differnece(we paid 99 dollars and BRU). Says it RF to 35 lbs and Kenzie is around the 25 pound mark now at nearly 19 months. However, she's crazy tall(34 inches). Hopefully we can last a long time.

DH gave me a hard time about it at first(turning around to RF) but showed him videos of RF vs FF and told a white lie and said it was now the law in Florida. He hushed up once he saw the crash dummy videos.

Thanks for posting about EFF. Without it she'd still be FF.

Lisa

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Great job! The main difference between the titan and truimph is the truimph has knobs. Also the truimph has high top slots I believe.

kalhayd

So realistically when will she need a new seat if we want to keep her harnessed as long as possible.

I should have went with the marathon, but it's literally used a total of an hour a month.

firemomof3

Ya, you'll need another seat after the Titan is ougrown because more than likely she won't be ready for a booster :(
But hey, no problem! Just imagine what new and exciting new seats will be out in a year ;)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Since she is only 18m, you will be fine until at least 3-4years old. It won't be for a while. Then you can look at the nautilus or something similar to be the last seat you buy for that car. If it is a less used seat I wouldn't have spent the extra either. You made a good choice for a secondary seat. It is the seat we give at our carseat checks. I am glad our coordiator spends a little more for a 50# seat.

kalhayd

Thanks. Like I mentioned before we use a Britax Blvd in our center seat(need to post pictures to ensure it's in correctly) for our primary carseat. However, I get off at 5 and my husband is off a bit earlier so he picks her up and drives the 3 minute ride home. Other than that she's in the Blvd(which I LOVE).

She's at 34 inches at 18 months old(97th for height). So hopefully we'll get a year or so out of it. If not we'll replace. We had the Nauti and sold it after a month of use since we decided to RF(thanks to this site).

Lisa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC