I got to play with some seats I've never seen yesterday! My thoughts and how ds and dd fit! (sorry, no pics)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
A high end baby store recently opened up in The Big City an hour from here, it's the only store in the state that carries Recaro seats, so I was finally able to try ds and dd in them.

The Vivo has less height growing room than the Monterey for dd, the seat depth is also incredibly shallow, I mean I've seen pictures, but even ds's knee was about an inch over the edge of the seat - THAT shallow.

Ds HATED the Signo, but the extra padding was in it, and there were tags everywhere so I don't think the hate was genuine, just "what the heck is all of this stuff" kinda reaction. Ds had about an inch to grow in it. For comparison he has about 4 inches in the Frontier and 3 inches in the Radian XT. I didn't try him in the Como, it looked very narrow in the shoulders and he had just freaked out in the Signo.

I tried ds in a Cocorro, I got to play with one at my state's Tech Update, but this was the first time I got to put a child in one! Ds had about 1/4 inch until he was even with the top slots, and his head was about 2 inches above the shell, so at 38.5 pounds, he still fits in this 40 pound seat - VERY impressive! For what it's worth, the top slots fit him IDENTICALLY to the Scenera, but the Scenera has a taller shell. Ds loved it.

I talked to the manager about some seats they didn't have, that I thought would be a good addition, namely Sunshine Kids seats and Clek seats, along with the MyRide. They already planned to get the True Fit ARB, but didn't currently have any True Fits in stock.

My kids had a blast there, and the employees were all kid gear junkies like so many of us that post here, so it was fun.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Oh, I almost forgot! While in The City, I went to BRU! Ds still fits RFing in the MyRide -- he is 38.5 pounds and has SLIGHTLY more than an inch of shell above his head. His shoulders are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the top slots, so quite obviously isn't going to work as a 65 pound seat (but we knew that).

Pingbns

cool sounds fun i love to play witt new seats
And i bet it's nice to talk to store employees who know thier kid gear, and not look at you like you have three head (talking about my experience anyway).

autumnlily

That Coccoro is very deceiving when you "see" it in a picture vs IRL - it's quite the seat. It's great to be among baby gear junkies :D

Mama!

:love: I still very much want to try my ds in a MR :whistle:

I also got a Vivo lately and I am dying to try my kids in it to see how they fit.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Everyone please note that she went without me. *sniff* But it's okay, she's taking me with her next time. :D

jdubsm

Next time you go, I'll meet up with you. :) I still haven't made it into the store cause my kids balk about it every time I bring it up.

Are you working their seat check the end of the month?

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Next time you go, I'll meet up with you. :) I still haven't made it into the store cause my kids balk about it every time I bring it up.

Are you working their seat check the end of the month?

We are going Friday - not sure what time yet though, we'd love to see you!

When I talked to the manager there (who is a tech) she said they couldn't get enough techs and that they are rescheduling for August.

I am moving July 19th, so won't be around for an August Seat Check.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I really wish you'd stop saying that. It completely destroys the state of denial I'm living in. :crying:

smileyhug.gif

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC