What seat?

my2kidsSafe

DS is 2.5 and currently weighs 32 lbs. He is very tall and has a long torso. He is on the second to top slot on the MA. He and my 5 year old can use the same strap levels on her regent and his MA. He is currently riding in a 32 RF limit MA. Would you be ok with your 2.5 year ff. I thought about getting him a new seat but he is currently going through a growth spurt so i'm afraid he would go over the 35 weight limit. I tried him in the myride and he does not have alot of room left in height there. Less than 2 inches RF in it, probably more like 1.5. Am i better to spend the money to extend harness him longer as opposed to extended rear-facing. My dd is 5 and a peanut and still fits in the MA. He is almost passing that second to last slot at 2.5 and within a few months probably would have to move to the top slot.

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

I'm interested to see what others have to say as I'm in sort of the same shoes(though my DS only weighs 30 lbs). We're also using the third slots and he's got about 2" of shell above his head. Supposedly, torso growth should have slowed down dramatically by now, but I'm not seeing it. As a tech, and a parent, I'm not comfortable with a 2.5 y.o. FF full-time. 3, perhaps, but not 2.5. If you said he just went through a growth spurt, he shouldn't have another for awhile. So perhaps you should look at the Myride a little more closely. Was that 1.5-2" of hard shell above his head, or 1.5-2" torso growth room BEFORE he meets 1" to top of shell? Also, my son fit differently when it was installed in a car.

bubbaray

I just turned my DD#2 FFg (she's 2.5) in DH's vehicle. She's 30lbs and in a Cdn MA with a 30lb RFg limit. She just hit 30lbs a couple of weeks ago. Her weight goes up and down, and I was thinking about swapping her 30lb MA for my other Cdn MA with a 33lb RFg limit (different DOMs), but as luck would have it, DH got a new vehicle. His former vehicle was a 1997 Pathfinder w/o side airbags and not great crash ratings. His new vehicle is a 2009 Toyota Tacoma that has great crash ratings and side airbags. I really wanted to leave DD#2 RFg in his old vehicle, but I wasn't too worried in the new truck. Good thing I was OK turning her, b/c I couldn't get a good install in the new truck RFg without having my passenger seat moved far too far forward for my comfort (I'm 5'9").

Long story short, I was absolutely 100% fine turning my DD#2 FFg at 2.5. She's still RFg in my van in the 33lb MA. Not sure if I'll leave her to that weight limit or turn her sometime this summer. I'll probably leave her just b/c I'm lazy, LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC