Question Silly question...want to get matching britax covers!

abbi_n_nadia

Hi mamas!

So I am due in December with our second lo and I just saw the new Chaperone and LOVE it! It looks perfect! So I think that is what we will get for the new baby. But since I've only seen 4 different covers for it and only like the cowmooflage one, it won't really match our other seats.

We have a Boulevard with the shannon cover which we got for my dd when she was 4 months old. I love it but the cover is getting very faded and we don't really use the Boulevard anymore.

We also have a Regent and have two covers for it, the blue bouquet cover and the huntington cover.

My dd is 2 1/2 now and will be 3 when the new baby is born. She is mainly riding in the Regent now but when we travel or use the other car she uses the Boulevard. She can definitely still fit in the Boulevard (of course) but isn't as comfortable in it as she is in the Regent since she is more cramped and her legs hang down.

Anyways since I really like the cowmooflage cover for the Chaperone, it would be nice to have a cowmooflage for dd's seat also. We could get the Boulevard CS cowmoo cover for our Boulevard if we wanted to use it instead of the Regent. But then the Regent would just be sitting somewhere waiting to be used when the new baby is ready for the Boulevard.

So do you think it would be silly to get the cowmoo cover for our Boulevard and use that for dd rather than the new Regent just so the seats will match? Or does anybody know if there is a Regent cowmoo cover out there? Or maybe get an onyx cover for the Regent?

Sorry so long and confusing! I love the idea of having both cowmoo covers though because our car is black inside (and out) and I think it would look perfect! :love: Its silly I know but it would be fun to have matching seats since we have all Britax anyways...

TIA~

ADS

mommaon112903

:( There is not a cowmoo Regent cover...although even though I :love: cowmoo I am honestly not sure if I would like THAT much cowmoo :eek: :duck:

The Onyx cover would look very nice aganist a cowmoo Chaperone :thumbsup: And you can most certainly get a cowmoo cover set for the BV. You may even be able to find one here on our FSOT (For Sale or Trade) forum.

abbi_n_nadia

Yes I think your probably right! That would be A LOT of cowmoo! lol Unless they made it mostly black with just a little print or something.

So maybe I could get the cowmoo cover for the Boulevard cheaper from fsot and also get an onyx cover for the regent...that way we could use either one and they'd all be matching. :) We may need a seat in Grandma's car anyway!

Thank you for responding to my very long drawn out post! :eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wish that Britax would make a Regent cover that is similar to the Roundabout 50 cover-- black on the sides, with a Cowmoo panel in the center. That might be kind of cool! :cool:

jujumum

Totally go for the Cowmoo CS BV cover! You can also turn your 2.5 rearfacing, and then they'll really, really match, and her legs won't have the dangle issue. My two kids use BVs as their primary seats, and aren't cramped at all. I prefer the cozy fitting seats over the spacious ones. :thumbsup:

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you for the suggestions! I have thought about turning her back around in the Boulevard so we might try that and see what she thinks! We do love our Regent though! :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just wondering, since your dd is only 2.5, did you use an infant carrier for her?

abbi_n_nadia

Just wondering, since your dd is only 2.5, did you use an infant carrier for her?

Yes we had a Graco snugride for her and only used it for about 4 months and she hated it and screamed whenever we put her in it so we got a Boulevard and put her in it at 4 or 5 months I can't remember.

So I put the Boulevard in RFing and had her get in to see how she fits and she is so squished! I know its ok for her legs to be bent but I think they are bent more than they need to be at her age, like the blvd is up against the seat back so much that there is no room. I will have to take a pic cause its hard to describe but looking at other pics of older kids RFing, it looks like they have more room.

Is there something that you all do to keep the blvd from "tipping" in towards the seat back? The tether pulls it down a little bit but not much...do I just have the latch straps too tight? Can I put a tightly rolled towel in there to keep it from tipping in toward the back of the seat so much?

I think she might do ok RFing again if she just had a little more room but honestly I don't think she's gonna go for it after riding in the roomy regent. :(

CTPDMom

Yes we had a Graco snugride for her and only used it for about 4 months and she hated it and screamed whenever we put her in it so we got a Boulevard and put her in it at 4 or 5 months I can't remember.

I was asking because I was wondering why you were buying a Chaperone if you already had an infant seat that you could use. And if you weren't buying a Chaperone then you wouldn't have a 'seats don't match' issue anymore...LOL ;)

abbi_n_nadia

I was asking because I was wondering why you were buying a Chaperone if you already had an infant seat that you could use. And if you weren't buying a Chaperone then you wouldn't have a 'seats don't match' issue anymore...LOL ;)

Oh ok! Yeah we didn't keep the snugride, we gave it to my SIL and I don't even know if they still have it or not. But I'm crazy so I would of bought a new one anyway! :p

CTPDMom

Oh ok! Yeah we didn't keep the snugride, we gave it to my SIL and I don't even know if they still have it or not. But I'm crazy so I would of bought a new one anyway! :p

Oh joy...just what we need...*another* car seat addict... :p;)

But, hey, if you can afford it...go for it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC