Friend needs MR65 now (or at least REALLY soon)--what covers are available?

heyruthie

The only two I've actually seen for purchase NOW are the BRU spirals and Wal-Mart dots.....are any of the girly covers actually out yet? any other covers? she really hates the BRU one and i've not seen the WM one in person, although it looks better....but i think she'd really prefer girly for her twins.

ADS

ChristyH

I emailed Graco about this about a week ago and got a very vauge response. She basically said that they only have 3 covers right now and don't know when the others will be released.
I do know that Babies R Us has the Sonata up for pre-order on their site but it's not shipping until 6/29/09 and of course they can always push that back further
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3532433

Walmart has the Alma coming out but they don't have listed on their site just when that will be. If she can wait a month or so they she might have a better chance getting a girly cover, but if she needs it right away then maybe she can get the Walmart Edgemonth Dots (I like that one much better than the BRU Swirl cover) and then buy replacement covers when the girly options come out?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Kids N Cribs has the Patina Bloom listed as shipping "June 2008." I think the boy one is already in stock there (Chandler.)

You could PM Brian (Brian's the one from KNC, right? I am so bad with names. You know who I mean...) and see if he knows when Patina Bloom will be in. Otherwise, she might like Chandler better than the others...

2BunniesMommy

I called Graco last week. I only asked about the Alma since it is the one I want and was told "mid to late summer". I went ahead and got the spiral, which I do not like, but figured I can get the Alma cover later.

heyruthie

I emailed Graco about this about a week ago and got a very vauge response. She basically said that they only have 3 covers right now and don't know when the others will be released.
I do know that Babies R Us has the Sonata up for pre-order on their site but it's not shipping until 6/29/09 and of course they can always push that back further
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3532433

thank you for this info....she may be able to wait for this because she can borrow a few seats from me for a VERY short period of time--since 1 of the seats is my SS1 for my own new baby arriving the 1st week of July. So, i can "spell" her until then, but then i need all my own seats again!

she may have decided on 1 avenue and 1 MR65, because although she'd really like to get 2 MRs, her visibility is SOOOO bad, with the MR RFing behind the driver's seat, that she's concerned about safety issues--and I would be too. It's pretty bad. So, I may have convinced her that she does not have to get 2 identical seats. she can just switch the babies back and forth, and use the MR for whoever is fussier and needs to nap more. plus, the new MR cover coordinates with the pink and brown Avenue.

kidzndogz

I know...I'm itching for them to release something besides brown and gray! I was hoping the Alma would be out soon since Walmart seems to get seats first. Guess not. I was also expecting Target to have theirs by now. I wonder why they haven't? Apparently the Streamer one is at Baby Depot but I haven't seen it.

Grrr....hurry up Target. This whole "sometime this summer" stuff ain't cutting it. I want a date!!! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC