what do you think of the new RN lock tight chest clip

Cryssy Jane

I was super excited to try this out thinking that it would come on my new RN 80, but it still has the old chest clip. The 3 year old I watch (who rides RF in my car) knows how to undo the chest clip and while she knows she shouldn't I don't know if I want to run the risk of her undoing it while in motion. Is the lock tight one harder to undo??? Would it be worth purchasing one?

ADS

oxeye

I can't compare it to the old style chest clip, but DD2 could easily undo the new style chest clip on her own at 3.5 years old.

monstah

I have both clips and the old style (black) clip is much harder to open than the new clip.
My 3.5 year old can completely buckle and unbuckle himself from the Radian and the Nautilus but the only thing he can't open is the old style RN clip.

ETA: I like the new clip MUCH better, unless it's being used for a newborn.

Last edited:
I have had both, My Fiona hated the old style, she complained constantly about it, she has a new one on her radian now and has not complained.

It holds the straps further apart... which is kind of nice.. they don't bunch up.. but It sometimes seems like it slides down too low.. even with very tight straps. I feel like I have to pull it up higher than arm pit level or else it looks too low.

I do not like the way the old radian holds the straps on my littlest one.. it always looks like he is buckled incorrectly no matter what.. and he isn't... and it is so bulky thatI think it bothers him too.

Over all I like the new ones more.. but I still am not in love.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC