News Dorel's response:thumbsdown:

ADS

Qarin

"Sure, it's safest, but who really wants safest for their kids when we can point out all these incorrect assumptions about convenience?"

jess71903

Ambassador
In other words, "We have no intention to put the effort into designing a seat to keep your child as safe as they can be, so here are all of the excuses we can think of for why you should be happy with what you've got." Grrrrrrr.

April

:eek:Oh. My. Goodness.:mad: That really pisses me off. I don't even know what else to say, but seriously, I just really do not like them as a company. :thumbsdown:

ZephyrBlue

"In addition, although rearward facing is arguably the safest travelling position, most of us prefer not to travel that way. It reduces the growing child's ability to interact with those in the front seats, to look around and see where they are going."

And people wonder why my kids won't even ride in a Dorel seat as an emergency spare???

The company is just gross :mad:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My suggestion is that we all write them and TELL them that they're losing business. And our recommendations. And tell them exactly why, and what they can do about it.

Maybe they'll issue a revised statement and start making an EERF seat. ;)

Okay, really, not likely. But it might be more productive to tell them what we think directly, KWIM?

AtTheSouthDam

:mad:
I have never liked Dorel. I have owned two products made by them and was unhappy with both.
And from a company that makes the Maxi-Cosi Mobi. They KNOW how to make the safer seat. They HAVE 55lb RF seat. So why this flack? They don't want to be put through the effort or pressure of bringing it over, I'm sure.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I didn't even know there WAS a Maxi-Cosi that RF to 55.

If that make that, why didn't their press release state that they sell a seat that will accomodate ERF, and you'll see more advertisements and retailers for it in the UK coming up soon?

That would be the tack I'd have taken if I were them!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Sign me up for the boycott.

They just reinforced all the myths we try to fight: RF seats are too hard to get kids into, the kids' legs are squished, the kids can't see out the window, they're unhappy.

Totally irresponsible on their part. I'm speechless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC