Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Did you See GMA?

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    She is a HE!
    funny, the assumptions people make!!!!!

what's also funny is that i never started SPB as an acronym for my screen name-- you acronym-obsessed gals did!!!
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Anyone want to comment on this version of the article? There are a couple of RF supporters, but way too many nay-sayers.
    http://health.newsvine.com/_news/200...oddlers-better
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

Good Morning America does get alot of viewership (and is owned by Disney)

if I innocently email the url to a close family friend, his wife will probably not talk to me for at least a yr. hmmmm.........

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

This is perfect timing for the MR!! Soon it will hit the shelves all over (and not just BRU) and the pre-existing buzz over extended rf will hopefully help it fly off the shelves. As you all know, we need have more erf options available -and if sales are crazy for the MR, hopefully other mfrs will hop on the bandwagon. I'm hoping that Britax 'one ups' Graco by testing the two-way or multi-tech to meet US standards.

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Has anyone e-maild GMA about joel's journey?

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    She is a HE!
    I actually think I knew that... I am going to plead preggo on this one

CPS Technician

[QUOTE=TheNimpsGirl;884638]

The one line I did like was, "Do you want to interact with them on a half an hour car ride or do you want to interact with them for the rest of their lives" in regards to RFing

QUOTE]

Agreed!!! Shouting Amen at my computer as I listened!!!

The segement had ups and downs. Lots of misinformation but they are trying to get the word out!!
    Tanya

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
    Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster

Umm... I just saw the clip on the GMA website and it was rather unimpressive. The kid was not working out and the veiws were really blocked. Then they put the kid in the booster wrong among many wrong comments (Ahem...AND not OR!). The video of the crash dummies was also not as impressive as the one that made my mind up (on youtube somewhere) that my DS will ride RFing as long as possible.....Even a possible Sweedish relocation in mind as he grows. LOL

It was definitely great to get it on t.v. in mainstream media. My FIL even brought it up yesterday. I hadn't seen the clip yet but thanks to car-seat.org I had plenty to chat about.

I HAVE A HUGE IDEA THOUGH.... MANY HAVE SAID THEY LINKED THEIR FACEBOOK TO IT! THERE SHOULD BE A MUCH BETTER CLIP MADE, WITH ACCURATE INFO. MAYBE EVEN A CLOSING CREDIT FULL OF ALL THE CUTE ERF KIDDOS FROM THIS FORUM. (for their illogical leg fears, the Earth is NOT flat okay!)

I wonder if anyone has the ability to do this or maybe they have a better clip in mind that we ALL could link to our Facebook pages. Facebook is huge right now and this could be the way to get the safety word spread.

I am reluctant to link the GMA clip to my FB because of all the misinformation. That 1yr or 20# thing was HUGE, ugh unexcusable really! Now how many 20# 7 month olds are gonna be flipped FF, ugh.

And I thought now pediatric standard was RF to at least 2 yrs or the max of your seat....?? On their comment page it's showing the old(?) 1 yr. and 20#.

If anyone knows of a better video to link to FB, please PM me it.

I shared the video on my local board. The ladies remorked on how there was no space for the kid's legs rfing and that their minds were made up against rfing beyond age 1. I did point out that the seat was installed incorrectly, but they don't care about that. I put the link on facebook and I don't think anyone looked at it.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

I was at a baby shower on Saturday and the GMA piece was mentioned. I had sent the mom general car seat info, including a little about ERF. She was receptive. But the GMA piece seemed to have even MORE impact. She commented on how surprised she was about foreign countries whose kids ERF to 4+, she was shocked! I encouraged her to be the trendsetter among her mommy friends and RF to the limits of whatever convertible she chooses when the time comes and told her I'd be happy to help her with that!
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by trixenama View Post
    If anyone knows of a better video to link to FB, please PM me it.
    Here are some good videos on rearfacing. They don't stress rearfacing to 4 years like the GMA piece but do point out reasons to rearface up to the limits of the seat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8
    Katy

Our blog on the Graco My Ride has a Youtube video of a 4-year, 40 pound child rear-facing...

http://carseatblog.com/?p=2556