Did you See GMA?

ADS

rochelle

Good Morning America does get alot of viewership (and is owned by Disney)

if I innocently email the url to a close family friend, his wife will probably not talk to me for at least a yr. hmmmm.........

jujumum

This is perfect timing for the MR!! Soon it will hit the shelves all over (and not just BRU) and the pre-existing buzz over extended rf will hopefully help it fly off the shelves. As you all know, we need have more erf options available -and if sales are crazy for the MR, hopefully other mfrs will hop on the bandwagon. I'm hoping that Britax 'one ups' Graco by testing the two-way or multi-tech to meet US standards.:thumbsup:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
The one line I did like was, "Do you want to interact with them on a half an hour car ride or do you want to interact with them for the rest of their lives" in regards to RFing :thumbsup:

QUOTE]

Agreed!!! Shouting Amen at my computer as I listened!!!

The segement had ups and downs. Lots of misinformation but they are trying to get the word out!!

trixenama

Umm... I just saw the clip on the GMA website and it was rather unimpressive. The kid was not working out and the veiws were really blocked. Then they put the kid in the booster wrong among many wrong comments (Ahem...AND not OR!). The video of the crash dummies was also not as impressive as the one that made my mind up (on youtube somewhere) that my DS will ride RFing as long as possible.....Even a possible Sweedish relocation in mind as he grows. LOL

It was definitely great to get it on t.v. in mainstream media. My FIL even brought it up yesterday. I hadn't seen the clip yet but thanks to car-seat.org I had plenty to chat about.

I HAVE A HUGE IDEA THOUGH.... MANY HAVE SAID THEY LINKED THEIR FACEBOOK TO IT! THERE SHOULD BE A MUCH BETTER CLIP MADE, WITH ACCURATE INFO. MAYBE EVEN A CLOSING CREDIT FULL OF ALL THE CUTE ERF KIDDOS FROM THIS FORUM. (for their illogical leg fears, the Earth is NOT flat okay!)

I wonder if anyone has the ability to do this or maybe they have a better clip in mind that we ALL could link to our Facebook pages. Facebook is huge right now and this could be the way to get the safety word spread.

I am reluctant to link the GMA clip to my FB because of all the misinformation. That 1yr or 20# thing was HUGE, ugh unexcusable really! Now how many 20# 7 month olds are gonna be flipped FF, ugh.

And I thought now pediatric standard was RF to at least 2 yrs or the max of your seat....?? On their comment page it's showing the old(?) 1 yr. and 20#.

If anyone knows of a better video to link to FB, please PM me it.

christineka

I shared the video on my local board. The ladies remorked on how there was no space for the kid's legs rfing and that their minds were made up against rfing beyond age 1. I did point out that the seat was installed incorrectly, but they don't care about that. I put the link on facebook and I don't think anyone looked at it.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I was at a baby shower on Saturday and the GMA piece was mentioned. I had sent the mom general car seat info, including a little about ERF. She was receptive. But the GMA piece seemed to have even MORE impact. She commented on how surprised she was about foreign countries whose kids ERF to 4+, she was shocked! I encouraged her to be the trendsetter among her mommy friends and RF to the limits of whatever convertible she chooses when the time comes and told her I'd be happy to help her with that! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC