Question What convertible car seat would fit best in a 2007 Toyota Corolla?

I am looking for a car seat (convertible) for my 20 almost 21 month old son for my DH 2007 Toyota Corolla. We just have the MA in my van which is the only seat we have and he doesnt ride much in DH's car but I do want one installed to be in his car on a permanent basis so when Evan does go with him, I dont have to uninstall and reinstall my MA which can get to be a PITA even if you dont take it out that often!

Also on recommending a seat for this vehicle, where would it fit best in the back seat?

THANKS AGAIN!!! :D

ADS

Auntie2Avi

I have had a RF MA and currently TF in my 2008 Corolla. Both fit well either outboard with latch or middle with belt. I have the seat outboard due to back issues. I have also had a Regent and Frontier OB with belt with no issues. I have pictures of the MA if you want, and I can go and take TF pictures if you want, I don't think I have any good ones of the seat in my car.

I wasnt really thinking along the lines of getting another MA there pretty $$ for a secondary car seat. I did have the MA installed in the Corolla for a week when my van was down in the shop and boy it seemed so BIG in that little car!

jubgulia

I've fit a RF Radian, TrueFit, (both pretty upright) and EFTA in our '06 Corolla just fine. My ideal seat right now for this car (for older kids because it has to be more upright) would be a Radian XT because we need to be able to fit 3 in back and don't have side airbags.

sweetfeet

I have/had a blvd and a true fit for my son rear facing in my 07 corolla. I've always installed them outboard and they are both solid installs. My 6' tall husband has plenty of leg space as well.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A True Fit should work fine. It takes up usually a bit less space, installed, than a MA in the same position. I don't have pics in a Corolla, unfortunately, but I'm pretty confident it would work.

I don't recommend a Radian if you want to use the front passenger seat, at all, since that's the only place it would be able to fit without pushing up both front seats, and I think in the 07 model year you have the advanced airbags in the front seats so seats can't touch? Is that right? Or was that starting in the 08 or 09 MYs?

All I have pics of installed are Radians, in an 03, thinking that won't help you much. ;)

Yes this Corolla does have the advanced air bag system thingy in it.

I want to install a car seat behind the passenger front seat not in the middle since I have my 7 year old as well that sits in the back. And also if the seat is installed behind the passenger seat and not in the middle, getting Evan in and out of the seat/car is way easier for Dh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC