Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

MyRide 65 harness height?

(I hope this is the correct spot to post this.)
    For anybody who has tried out the MR 65 . . . how much lower does your child sit in it w/o the removable padding?
    I had my 3.5 yr old sit in one on the floor at a baby store. They had just gotten it in and I didn't have time to remove the padding to see how she fit height wise. She was about 1 to 1.5 inches from the top of the shell with the padding in.
    I am wondering b/c my son is following the same growth patterns and I am thinking of this seat for him and wondering how long it will fit him. I had ruled it out, but then I remembered that the pad was in when DD sat in it in the store.
    Thanks,

ETA: Anybody know all the approx harness heights on the MR65?
    DD1-Nauti/HBB, 7 yr/44#/47"/15" torso/26" to head
    DS-FF TF/FF MS70 4yr/39"/36#/14 torso/23" to head
    DD2 - RF S4M70 / RF TFP 28 mos/25#/33.5"/11.5" torso/20" to head
    DS2 - SR35, 6 wks/12#/23"

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: MyRide 65 harness height?

The top height is about 17", comparable to the EFTA or the Marathon. The padding makes a HUGE difference.

Echoing above -- padding makes a big difference, as does installation.

I "installed" on the bench in BRU, and put little guy in it -- he was *maybe* an inch from the top. I thought I might be able to squeak an inch out in the car. After I purchased it, removed the padding and installed it, I ended up with 3" above his head. Little guy 37" tall, 13" torso height, 19" seated height, 38lbs, if that helps any.

I love the seat, but since until about six weeks ago I'd only ever used cheapie seats, I'm not sure how much that has to do with it, lol.

HTH.

CPS Technician

Here's Olivia w/out the padding. W/ the padding the top of her head is even w/ the top slot.

Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Best. Picture. Ever.

lol.
    -Jessica. mom to :
    Aislin (4-30-2006)..44lbs and 46.5 in tall. Boostered in a Cybex Solutions x-fix
    Skyla (3-13-2008)..32lbs and 43 in tall. Boostered in a Clek Oobr

CPS Advocate

Mowmmy! Mwy fwace!

Carseat Crazy

Thank you so much. I think that puts the MR65 back in the running. I wish I would have had more time to try it in the car w/o padding.

ETA: I am hoping DS (11 mos/18 ish lbs/29 in/mostly torso) will still fit in his SS1 for long enough for me to make an educated decision and try things out in my car. I am torn between the MR65 (if it works in my car) and the TrueFit (but want to wait until the new ones come out.) I also toyed with the idea of another Radian 65, but am leary of installing it in other people's vehicles.
    Last edited by jheimes; 06-09-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: addition
    DD1-Nauti/HBB, 7 yr/44#/47"/15" torso/26" to head
    DS-FF TF/FF MS70 4yr/39"/36#/14 torso/23" to head
    DD2 - RF S4M70 / RF TFP 28 mos/25#/33.5"/11.5" torso/20" to head
    DS2 - SR35, 6 wks/12#/23"

Jen, I have to LOL at your pic.
    Single mom to:

12 yr. old in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, 6 yr. old in a Graco Nautilus and occasionally in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, and a surprise IUD baby coming June of 2013