emotional about switching carseat

U

Unregistered

My daughters first car seat is (was) a peg perego that I had to have because it was my first (and last and only) daughter, and I really wanted a Pink Peg perego well today her big girl carseat was delivered and as I went to remove her baby infant carrier..I started to bawl. Her old car seat is to be replaced with the Britax MA...she isn't one year old yet and I do plan to RF her for another year. I was so excited to get the new one that i didn't stop to consider that this is a big deal she is getting older and moving out of her "baby" seat. I was wondering if its necessary to put her in the MA right away or wait until she hits a year old in another month..above my feelings of being attached to the first seat I want her safe..if you think the MA seat is the safer seat I will just switch her out today. Who would of thought a car seat could make me cry..lol

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Aw ((HUGS)), I think we have all had similar moments at some point (I'm sad lately because my eldest doesn't need a booster anymore in most cars :eek:). You don't need to move her out of the Peg unless she's at the weight limit or her head is within an inch of the top of the seat shell. If she's bigger than that, move her today, if she's smaller, keep using it. Age has zero to do with it, it's all about how she fits in the seat :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I still have Piper's first seat from seven years ago. It's expired and unusable other than for presentations. But I still have it, though it's been banned from returning into the house and it must go into the trash. :( I don't want it to go.

And what Julie said. You don't need to stop using the Peg because the MA is there, nor at a year. If she still fits you can use it for two years if you wanted.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Is one car seat safer then the other?..If the peg is even slightly less safe i will switch it..but as of right now she is only 18 lbs and her head is still far below the top

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, not in the least, provided she fits properly in both and you get a good install with both. They're both rear facing seats made for nine month old 18 pound kids.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thanks I am going to leave her in the infant carrier for now, plus my hubby can still attach the seat to the stroller when she is sleeping making it easier to take her out of the car at times..thanks..for the help..unless you have any advice on keeping my baby from growing up then Iguess the seat is in the future and ihave to get used to it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC