A lovely new aftermarket product.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You TIE the baby's head down?

Oh, my mother (who runs the Craniofacial programs) would NOT be pleased. I am seeing helmets in these childrens' futures...

lotsolove

wow, it would seem that such a product would come with a lot of liability:(
what if the child pulls it down and cant get it off their face? I could totally see my 2 yr old(if she were forward facing) becoming totally entrapped in it:whistle:

lotsolove

Maedze

How long before some rearfacing baby gets suffocated because that silly looking thing slips down over their faces and the parents don't notice?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My first thought was that it was modeled after those baby boards that some Native Americans used to strap the babies to.

Of course, in those cultures, flat heads were considered attractive and desirable, and they wore the babies in them, rather than leaving them in them out of sight of the parent and other family members for long periods of time...

Some things don't translate as well to the modern world as others.

skylinphoto

Wow. That's amazingly dangerous.
Maybe someone should email the company and ummm...refresh them of how unbelievably dangerous this product can be.....

Sceason1972

On top of how dangerous it is, I can not imagine many babies or kids who would like that. "Here little one let me strap your head down." Talk about unhappy in the car seat.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I agree that product in the OP is a BAD idea.. That's just nuts. Besides, do you have to pull over to put the thing on them after they go to sleep? Wouldn't that just wake them up?

I have a Kid coddler(similar to toddler coddler in the link above) and it works great. Even in the Regent. I highly recommend it.

cookie123

That takes the cake, I have to say. Good grief, what are they thinking?

I can't imagine any kid tolerating having that on before they fall asleep, for sure.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I hope everyone notes which pedi and chiro NOT to go to in canada......

seriously?

This sounds like the invention from the kind of person who comes in with their seat duct-taped, doesn't it?

lovinwaves

I hope everyone notes which pedi and chiro NOT to go to in canada......

:ROTFLMAO:

Anyone notice how in that far right photo, with the kid with the head slumping in the integrated seat, this product wouldn't be able to be used because of the design of the seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC