Those with a My Ride 65

babygirlsmom1005

Would you recommend it? How hard is the install with belts? I'm looking at it for my 7 week old son (he does fit into it - played with one the other day). Tell me what you think about it, pros, cons, good, ulgy, etc....

Also, recommendations (reasonably priced ones, it took some conviencing for the Frontier for my DD, DH would have a fit if I dropped another $300.00 so soon for a seat) for other seats would be nice as well (he's short - 21 inches as of yesterday & has a short torso - so Britax and Recaro is out at this time for him, but we're not in a hurry to get something right now).

ADS

firemomof3

I really like it; its easy to install with latch and/or seat belt (in my experience), harness adjustor is easy to operate (vs. my TF), fabric is soft, lots of leg room, and of course the 40lb. rf is terrific. I don't like the cover, its cheap. I also will not be using the MR ff, the extreme angle makes me uncomfortable. But so far, the cover is the only thing I don't like about it :)

MOM25BOYS

I really like it; its easy to install with latch and/or seat belt (in my experience), harness adjustor is easy to operate (vs. my TF), fabric is soft, lots of leg room, and of course the 40lb. rf is terrific. I don't like the cover, its cheap. I also will not be using the MR ff, the extreme angle makes me uncomfortable. But so far, the cover is the only thing I don't like about it :)

:yeahthat:

Firemomof3 took the words right out of my mouth.:D

cookie123

I've been wondering if the harness adjuster was easily accessible, and if it was a nice smooth pull to tighten.

Matthew's MA will expire - not exactly sure when, but I should probably check soon, and was thinking of this for him if I can convince dd to keep him rf for a long time!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I really liked mine. The first batch of covers seems shoddy though. Hopefully that will get better as Graco hears about the problem.

I had an issue with my adjustor strap fraying. They are going to take the seat back and issue me a refund. So far--I'm the only person I know of with this problem. Really it could happen with any seat and Graco is making it right. They want the seat back to see what's making the strap fray.

Susan

babygirlsmom1005

I really liked mine. The first batch of covers seems shoddy though. Hopefully that will get better as Graco hears about the problem.

I had an issue with my adjustor strap fraying. They are going to take the seat back and issue me a refund. So far--I'm the only person I know of with this problem. Really it could happen with any seat and Graco is making it right. They want the seat back to see what's making the strap fray.

Susan

I had to send a Recaro Como back because of a snap issue (they wanted to see how the snap came off of the front adjuster, didn't effect function, they just wanted to see the seat and snap, they sent another seat to me then I shipped her's back with the box the new one came in).

Glad they are handling it properly, but what would you do if you didn't have a back up seat?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I would have insisted that they send me a seat first. Thankully, Nicholas still fits in his KF and I have a spare scenera.

Susan

firemomof3

I've been wondering if the harness adjuster was easily accessible, and if it was a nice smooth pull to tighten.

Matthew's MA will expire - not exactly sure when, but I should probably check soon, and was thinking of this for him if I can convince dd to keep him rf for a long time!

Yes, the adjustor is easily accessible and so far its been a nice smooth pull :thumbsup:

Brycen'sMommy

Yes, the adjustor is easily accessible and so far its been a nice smooth pull :thumbsup:

In our car, the adjuster is buried and difficult to access. :( It's also difficult to pull and we can't seem to get the straps tight enough. It's nothing like our Nautilus, which is extremely easy, and that's what I was expecting it to be like. I'm beginning to wonder if it is defective because I haven't heard of anyone else complaining about it. We are probably going to return it.

Spam

I :love: mine! Harness adjuster is easy to reach, easy install with seatbelt or latch, very comfy looking. The cover is on the cheap side, but graco is handing out new covers if you call and tell them about it. It replaced our 33lb blvd.

2BunniesMommy

Would you recommend it? How hard is the install with belts? I'm looking at it for my 7 week old son (he does fit into it - played with one the other day). Tell me what you think about it, pros, cons, good, ulgy, etc....

We have only installed ours rearfacing with LATCH, so I don't know how hard or easy it is any other way. The install was not bad though. The cover is cheap and I noticed mine trying to escape within 20 min of use. But I can live with that to have my 3 year old back rear facing.

In our car, the adjuster is buried and difficult to access. :( It's also difficult to pull and we can't seem to get the straps tight enough. It's nothing like our Nautilus, which is extremely easy, and that's what I was expecting it to be like. I'm beginning to wonder if it is defective because I haven't heard of anyone else complaining about it. We are probably going to return it.

My adjuster is not too hard to get to, but I have had trouble getting it tight more than once. The first time I had to have DH do it because I couldn't at all. Since then I have been able to but have had to really work with it some times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC