My Chaporone is here!!

NVMBR02

Sorry no pictures or measurements yet. :( My FIL is here and I have make lunch. But I have gotten to play with it a few mins.
First impression- I like it! It looks similar in size to the keyfit. The harness is easy to adjust and it adjusts pretty tight (I was able to get a tight fit on one of dd's dolls). It also comes with low birth weight foam. There are two crotch buckle positions, it looks like the closer one is for babies under 11 pounds.
One interesting thing I found by flipping through the manual is the base can not be used on an airplane. Not a big deal for me since I would likely not use the base when traveling anyway.
My only "dissapointment" is the cowmoo fabic isn't plush like I had hoped. It is not rough but not plush either. This will probably be really nice when our little girl comes in August.

I hope to get some pictures today and I will work on installing this afternoon if the weather clears up some.

ADS

SillyLily

Very exciting. I can't wait to see pictures. Does it seem narrower than the companion (if you have seen the companion)?

NVMBR02

Very exciting. I can't wait to see pictures. Does it seem narrower than the companion (if you have seen the companion)?

It has been awhile since I have seen a companion. The base seems less bukly then I remember the companions being. I will take some measurements in a little while.

Here are a few pictures I took. This is my first time taking pictures of a new seat and this is our crappy camera. Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see a picture of.

Seat
Feb2009133.jpg

Base
Feb2009135.jpg

Base top view
Feb2009136.jpg

Lever to release seat from base
Feb2009140.jpg

NVMBR02

Harness adjustment. There are two loops, the top used for smaller babies, the bottom is used for bigger/older infants.
Feb2009141.jpg

Crotch buckle (in the closest position)
Feb2009142.jpg

Lock-offs
Feb2009137.jpg

LATCH storage
Feb2009138.jpg

That is all I have right now. I have a few things to do around here then I plan on reading the manual more carefully and installing in at least one of our cars today. It is raining here so that might wait until tomorrow if the rain doesn't at least slow to a drizzle.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, thanks for all those pictures!!! So does the seatbelt slide under the black pieces under the lock-off area?

This seat makes me want another baby just so I can buy one. :eek: (Don't tell my dh. lol)

eta: I tried to give you rep for taking all these pictures, but I've given out too much in the last 24hrs.

NVMBR02

Wow, thanks for all those pictures!!! So does the seatbelt slide under the black pieces under the lock-off area?

Yes, the seat belt slides under than the bigger gray piece goes over it and the smaller clips clip it in place. It seems really easy to use.

Momof4Girls

Possibly a crazy question...

The hooks and the bar/whatever it is that holds the seat into the base...is it all metal, or is it plastic, or??

Do you know what I'm talking about? Where the seat hooks into the base.

Raechel

NVMBR02

Possibly a crazy question...

The hooks and the bar/whatever it is that holds the seat into the base...is it all metal, or is it plastic, or??

Do you know what I'm talking about? Where the seat hooks into the base.

Raechel

The actual hooks (and the "loops" they hook into) are metal The piece that moves the hooks and is connected to the release bar is plastic.

Does that make sense?

MOM25BOYS

Squeeee!! I love how this seat looks.:love::love: I wish my sister would have had time to think about this before we bought her Chicco KF. Maybe I can convince her to get the Cowmoo stroller..:whistle: :p Thanks for taking all the detailed pics and can't wait to hear how easy it installs. Rep'd you for that!;)

JavaJunki

I'm not sure how OT this is..but why don't they make RF tethers for buckets?

ETA: I wish I could convince my husband how pretty cowmoo is.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure how OT this is..but why don't they make RF tethers for buckets?

Infant seats are just SO safe the way they are, that it hasn't made sense to add extra installation confusion to the manuals. There's a trend toward preventing rebound though, and the Companion does that with the base's anti rebound bar. It also may be a smoother motion in a crash to minimize neck loads on small infants compared to the jerking motion of a top tether. Britax and Combi have both had tethered infant seats in the past, though, and were the first of the latest crop of seats to have anti rebound bars :thumbsup: It may make even super-safe seats just that little bit safer :)

And to the OP...wow! Great pictures! That seat looks fabulous, and the base DOES look less bulky, wish I had pictures of my Companion base to compare....

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the photos! Mine came today, so I'll have some photos and a quick review at www.carseatblog.com later this week or early next week! I need to borrow a preemie doll to test the small infant foam insert.

NVMBR02

Darren, I am looking forward to seeing pictures with the preemie doll. There is a chance I will be passing the seat on to my sister when I am done with it and she has had two very small preemies.

The only baby I can "borrow" is out of town for the next 10 days, she is a smallish 8 month old.

J-max

CPST Instructor
This seat makes me want another baby just so I can buy one. :eek: (Don't tell my dh. lol)

I had this same thought :D, except dh is totally for more babies, he would even buy the seat, if he thought it would convince me:D

Thanks so much for all the pics, I have been waiting for it!

NVMBR02

I installed it in my car quickly, just to get an idea if it would work for our three across. I ran out of daylight before I could really check it or try other configurations. Tomorrow I will have more time to play with it and make sure it will work for us.

Here are 2 quick pictures of what it looks like in the back of a 2009 Ford Fusion with 2 FFing RadianXTs

Feb2009146.jpg

Feb2009145.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC