Doesn't buckle child in!

U

Unregistered

my neighbor doesnt strap her almost 3 year old daughter into her seat the right way!!! ive mentioned it to her once or twice, but she hasnt done anything about it. what can i do!??!!
i am very close to this child, and very worried about what might happen to her.
the police are no help, the only way I can get her in trouble is reporting it, then they go after her and say when they pull her over they got a call saying a child was improperly restrained.
she would know it was me, and never let me near the girl again. i cant let that happen :-(

what can be done?

ADS

andre149

Would she be receptive to you showing her how to properly buckle her child in? Even though you've mentioned it maybe she needs a visual. How is she buckling the child?

rochelle

if its harness loose or chest clip not at armpit, my local police wont bother about it.

I had to "nag" my hubby a few times before he lets me tighten the harness and position the chest clip correctly. he would "sulk'

how is the child strap in wrongly?

U

Unregistered

usually, one arm through the strap, other arm out of strap, clipped in at crotch, chest clip at belly button level.
one time chest clip not clipped, and only one crotch clip clipped in.

and i only see her in her moms car once a week, so who knows what other variations of unbuckled shes in at different car trips.

her mom said (when i first noticed it in november) that the girl takes her arms out of the straps,
but this is not possible because shes in my car almost as much as her moms and shes only done that once, last summer.
and the fact that sometimes things arent clipped in leads me to know that that claim is false (i know she cant unclip it, ive tried to teach her, but shes not strong enough)

i have made a point to bring the girl to her moms car myself, and her mom stands wtaching me fuss with the straps and clips getting them in right place, so she knows how to do it right im sure, it doesnt take a PhD to know how to do it, oh wait, she DOES have a PhD, and STILL cant do it right!

and im confused, because she appears to be all into safety; they are lookign for a new car, and all i hear is "safety this, safety that" regarding diff cars

sooo confused....

rochelle

and im confused, because she appears to be all into safety; they are lookign for a new car, and all i hear is "safety this, safety that" regarding diff cars

sooo confused....

I can totally sympathise with you.

my hubby has a PhD too, is all about safety and still thinks the chest clip will suffocate our boys if its at the correct position.

my boys were able to buckle themselves into their scenera correctly by 3. of cos I have to adjust the harness and stuff. they can't unbuckle themselves.

is it possible for you to teach the girl how to buckle herself in correctly? her mum may not adjust the harness correctly but its still better than what is happening now.

U

Unregistered

that wouldnt work. her mom doesnt have the time to stand around while her own child slowly buckles herself in. shes always in a rush, and just plops her in, clip clip and go.

kalhayd

Pretty sad that she doesn't have the time to ensure her childs safety. I'd likely use on the other ladies suggestions. Good luck!

trixenama

her mom stands wtaching me fuss with the straps and clips getting them in right place, so she knows how to do it right im sure, it doesnt take a PhD to know how to do it, oh wait, she DOES have a PhD, and STILL cant do it right

LMAO

Too bad for her baby girl tho....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC