Me again..would you buy a seat off of ebay?

ben&jakesmum

Man, I am annoying tonight ;) In my quest for a cheap seat that is a good one and won't totally clash with my red stroller, I have found this seat on ebay. It's a Safeseat in Meteor and the seller has a store and over 6000 positive feedbacks. She seems to sell a lot of seats for super cheap.
The date of manufacture is 2007 which I'm not too fussed about since this will be my last baby and I won't be re-using it.
I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a seat because to be honest, we don't have a lot of it :(
So, is this a definate no-no or do you think it's ok?
Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260425154157&_trksid=p2761.l1259

ADS

littleangelfire

Definite no-no, unfortunately. I didn't even look at the link - since you don't personally know this woman and therefore can't be positive of the seat's history that would be putting your child in her hands. Especially considering you say she sells a lot of seats for cheap that screams suspicious to me. If there's a lot of them, they're not her personal use seats, so even she can't securely vouch for their history. So it would be getting a seat 3rd hand.

If money is a big issue (isn't it always, lol :) ) I would skip the infant carrier phase and get a convertible seat that fits a newborn. That way you completely eliminate one seat from the seats your child will need and you won't be out seat shopping again any time soon.
ETA: ok. the link took forever and a day to load for me. I see the seat is supposedly new, likely is since she's got several. But that's awfully odd. I dunno - I still don't think I would. Seems something would have to be weird with that situaion.

ben&jakesmum

I just found out that she has an online store that is an authorised distributer of Britax and this is her ebay store. She is an authorised dealer of Britax, Graco, Peg, Chicco and more.
So, does this make it better? I emailed her and she has a warehouse where the seats are stored and they are brand new in the box.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I just found out that she has an online store that is an authorised distributer of Britax and this is her ebay store. She is an authorised dealer of Britax, Graco, Peg, Chicco and more.
So, does this make it better? I emailed her and she has a warehouse where the seats are stored and they are brand new in the box.

If the seat is "brand new in box," it shouldn't be a problem, especially if she's an authorized Graco distributor. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC