Random RN XT, TF and Regent comparison

AtTheSouthDam

Because I have all of them now and can :D

DD1 is 48", 54# and has a torso height of approx. 17".

In her Regent, the only seat with some room left to grow. She is on the top slots with maybe an 1" left depending on how straight she is sitting.
Bethanyregent.jpg

In Radian XT, she is a hair above the top slots but her ears are well below the top of the seat (as the RN allows) so I am okay with seat as a back up.
BethanyXT.jpg

In the True fit. I am surprised she fit in this as well as she did. She is even with the top slots and looks a little squished but it would work in a pinch. The harness is bit short for her. She only had about 2" of tail hanging out of the adjuster.
BethanyTF.jpg

ADS

mslancast

:thumbsup: Wow, the regent is a really big seat.

Love, LOVE, *LOVE* our Regent! It is a beast - I call it The Tank - but it's so soft and squishy. My almost 5 YO is so comfy in it. We just ordered another one for DD2 (2-1/2) and got an awesome deal at amazon.com. Yahoo!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Can you tell us where her head is in relation to the radian shell? Is it over? even with? under? If she were under the weight limit, could she use the seat RFing by height?

AtTheSouthDam

Can you tell us where her head is in relation to the radian shell? Is it over? even with? under? If she were under the weight limit, could she use the seat RFing by height?

Well, I have since switched the XT out for an 80 but I she did sit in it RF recently and her head is about even, may 1/2" above the top of the shell so even if she were under the weight limit she would be too tall to RF in this seat. Her ears are well below the top of the seat though so she could still use if FF accord to SKJP directions (though she is over the top slots.)

mama2Cecelia

My dd has the same Regent and is about the same age & size as your dd but is a bit closer to outgrowing it by height (she's always had a pretty long torso)

I'm giving the Regent away and she will then be in an old-school PW in my car but still has her cougar Regent in dh's car

just out of curiosity, when your dd outgrows the Regent, what will you choose next?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC