Question about the Car Seat Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northriver

sorry, I don't know where to post this and I'm super confused.

I can't use the carseat swap, I'm not a senior community member. How do I get to be a senior community member? What is a reputation point?

I only want to do a price check for a MA Mariposa with a 3/07 DOM!

Since I can't request that information on the Car Seat Swap, where would I get some idea of what that seat would be worth? My sister is selling hers to my friend and I thought I could ask here, but now that I see I'm not allowed to ask, I'm feeling caught in the middle...

ADS

Northriver

Ok, I enabled my reputation points, but I only have 19, I guess I need 50 to post on the carseat swap.

So what are reputation points and how do I get to 50 so I can post?

If someone can tell me where I should have posted this question, please do, I'm just really confused right now.

skipspin

Here are the swap guidelines:
Senior Community Members, Technical Professionals and subscribers may submit new threads (wanted, for sale, for trade, price checks) in the Carseat Swap (Carseats and CPS related) and Swap-O-Rama (all other items) sub-forums. Senior Community Members are Community Members who have been registered for 1 year, have 100 posts and 50 reputation points. No exceptions will be made. Anything resembling a for sale, for trade, in search of or price check post on other forums will be edited or removed at the discretion of the moderators.

You get reputation points from other registered members. Usually they are given when you answer questions well or are generally helpful, but they can be given by any member for any reason. To give them you click on the "scale" at the top of the post. You can go in your UserCP and see what the rep points you have are from. There are more details in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8944

Hope that helps.

momto2princes

I can tell you how I would figure out the price for a carseat.

I am in Canada so the price is different but it will at least get the point across

New the MA is $300 and it has a 6 year life so it is worth $50/per year. Multiply how much life the seat has left by the yearly rate and that should give you a starting point as to how much you would want to pay for it.
ie. if it was manufactured in mid 2005 it is 4 years old and has 2 years left $100 would be fair give or take based on the the condition of the cover etc.

I hope that helps!

Northriver

Ok, so basically it will likely take years to get to 50 reputation points to be able to do a price check on the car seat swap.

So can someone please tell me how to value a used carseat to sell to a friend?
How do you decide on a fair value?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
sorry, I don't know where to post this and I'm super confused.

I can't use the carseat swap, I'm not a senior community member. How do I get to be a senior community member? What is a reputation point?

I only want to do a price check for a MA Mariposa with a 3/07 DOM!

Since I can't request that information on the Car Seat Swap, where would I get some idea of what that seat would be worth? My sister is selling hers to my friend and I thought I could ask here, but now that I see I'm not allowed to ask, I'm feeling caught in the middle...

The various announcements in the Shopping and Swap forums have some basic information on this. Unfortunately, "Price Checks" have been abused enough as a way around using the Swap forum in the past that they are now also to be placed in the Swap forum. Aside from the advice you have been given, ebay and craigslist can also be used for pricing used merchandise of all types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC