Ciara's new ride

AtTheSouthDam

I finally have a TF and I must say, I actually like it more than I expected. The harness adjuster doesn't seem to bad, I can reach it when I need to but it didn't take me long to get a hang of the continuous harness. She looks to have tons of room and is dead even with the second slots. He head is maybe 1/4" over the back with out the head rest. She should definitely make it to 35#. Even the install wasn't bad once I disregarded the red line.

Ciarasnewride.jpg

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

How far up did you have to push your second row to fit it back there?

Only one click. It is touching but not braced nor is it effecting the recline angle. She has been begging for months to ride in the back row so she can talk to the drivers behind her. :)

2BunniesMommy

Ok, a few questions...
Based on posts and that fact that it looks just like my van, I am thinking that has got to be a Freestar. How in the world did you get it installed back there? A couple days ago I installed my Frontier in the 3rd row, well I tried, could not get it tight. But there was zero room for legs if I had been able to. Then I was going to install the SS1 back there, but the base itself took up the entire back to front room, so there is no way the seat could have snapped in. Now, I am pretty sure my middle row is all they way back, but would moving it up make THAT much difference? I didn't try moving mine up because I was just playing back there, didn't have any need for 4 seats to be installed, so I didn't want to move the middle seat, which would require moving the front seats, and it would have upset the delicate balance of the seats that are in use. I might get more ambitious and play back there again, who know! Got awfully sweaty though.

I was also wondering how to get her strapped in back there? Because as I was trying to get seats installed in the 3rd row, I was wondering if they would even be usable if I got a good install!

AtTheSouthDam

:ROTFLMAO:

What are you doing with her RadianXT now?

It is going back to it's original purpose as a spare seat. It takes up less closet space. Now that we live a whooping 4 miles from my mother, and less than a mile from several sets of friends, and have only one car, I need to have an extra seat at the house for each girl. We have already had family decide at the last minute to come get us!
I also use it for when DD1 has friends come along. They ride in boosters in their cars but none have complained about using a harness in mine.

AtTheSouthDam

Ok, a few questions...
Based on posts and that fact that it looks just like my van, I am thinking that has got to be a Freestar. How in the world did you get it installed back there? A couple days ago I installed my Frontier in the 3rd row, well I tried, could not get it tight. But there was zero room for legs if I had been able to. Then I was going to install the SS1 back there, but the base itself took up the entire back to front room, so there is no way the seat could have snapped in. Now, I am pretty sure my middle row is all they way back, but would moving it up make THAT much difference? I didn't try moving mine up because I was just playing back there, didn't have any need for 4 seats to be installed, so I didn't want to move the middle seat, which would require moving the front seats, and it would have upset the delicate balance of the seats that are in use. I might get more ambitious and play back there again, who know! Got awfully sweaty though.

I was also wondering how to get her strapped in back there? Because as I was trying to get seats installed in the 3rd row, I was wondering if they would even be usable if I got a good install!

Yes, it a 2007 Ford Freestar. And the TF fits really well back there.

The second row is moved up one notch but reclined one notch as well. If I put it completely upright (not comfortable according to just about everyone) this is how the TF sits:
TFnottouching.jpg

And this is it in the back room, after I move the bench up (please excuse the mess, I haven't cleaned it out since the move, and yes, the dog leash will come off before we go anywhere.) As you can see it pretty upright but not overly so.
TFin3rdrow.jpg

It is secured using LATCH, it is so much easier. And I put her in through the tailgate, she thinks it is funny :D

2BunniesMommy

Wow, nice to know we have options if we do decide to have another child or even just needed to put in another car seat for an extra kid. I have wondered what, if anything, would fit back there.

On more question though, how do you buckle her in? I am picturing it, and just don't know how I would reach. Hope in the back yourself? DD1 would so love getting in from the back. I let her do it a week or so ago with the 3rd seat down while I was unloading the cart and she walked around to get to her seat and thought it was just the funniest thing.

AtTheSouthDam

Yeah, I either stand in cargo section and buckle her in or in the passenger side sliding door and lean over. It really isn't much of a hassle and she is very cooperative.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC