Radian XT and small cars

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I just have to say... I LOVE the Radian XT. It is, by far, my favorite convertible I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot!). :love:

I have now installed the Radian XT both RF and FF (obviously not at the same time), using both LATCH and the seatbelt (again, not at the same time!), in all three rear seating positions in my Honda Civic (though I have not used LATCH in the center since Honda does not allow it). It installs BEAUTIFULLY in all three seating positions. :)

RF, with seatbelt/RF tether, outboard = easy installation. Rock solid.
RF, with seatbelt/RF tether, center = easy installation. Rock solid.
RF, with LATCH(including RF tether), outboard = fairly easy installation. Rock solid.

FF, with seatbelt/tether, outboard = easy installation. Rock solid.
FF, with seatbelt/tether, center = easy installation. Rock solid.
FF, with LATCH (including tether), outboard = fairly easy installation. Rock solid.

I did have to twist the seatbelt stalks in order to get a rock-solid installation.

ADS

Loves2sing

I am jealous! I want one of those for my son SO badly I can taste it!

Did you have any children in the car with those installs? The only thing that would make me hesitant would be head slumpage with a RFing install.

Pixels

"Slumpage" LOL

I also have a Civic, though mine is a 2002 and Patriot's is newer. DD rides RFing center (Radian65, not XT) and doesn't have a problem with slumpage. It is pretty close to 45 degrees, no matter what I do to it.

I wouldn't call the FFing seatbelt installs "easy," that is until you know the tricks.

Oh, and I can do three across FF RF FF with Radians. For some reason I have to do it driver's side, center, passenger's. I can't get them all in if I try to do it in a different order.

Loves2sing, if you get an XT, I would give it to your FFing daughter and give your RFing son the (I assume) headwing-less one that you already have. He is already well protected by just being rearfacing, and she is more vulnerable. Also, until he is tall enough, he won't even be able to reach the headwings.

abigaylebelle

What year is the civic? Does anyone happen to know what the legroom is? I would love a red xt for my 08 fit, but middle installs in that car give me nightmares. If it could fit outboard rear facing I would seriously consider it.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I used the seat RF with a 15-month-old. No head "slumpage" was noted. :) He did fall asleep, by the way. :)

I used the seat FF with a 3-year-old. Again, there was no head "slumpage." She did fall asleep. Her usual "ride" in my car is a Nautilus.

The Civic is a 2006. ;)

Pixels

What year is the civic? Does anyone happen to know what the legroom is? I would love a red xt for my 08 fit, but middle installs in that car give me nightmares. If it could fit outboard rear facing I would seriously consider it.

My brother has an 08 Fit, and I've had DD's Radian RFing center in it. I don't think I've tried it outboard, partly because my brother needs the seat to be just one click forward of all the way back in order to drive. If I remember, I can try it outboard in his car when I get back from vacation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC