Help?? What do all the acronyms mean???

U

Unregistered

OK. I Finally got RF & FF.

What about MA, RA, SPB, LPB?

What is this??
Husky (SB/TT) Radian FF (SB/TT) MA RF(LA/TT)
Husky (SB/TT) FPSVD FF (SB/TT) FPSVD RF/FF(LA/TT)
Husky (SB/TT) Scenera FF (SB/TT) FPSVD RF/FF (LA/TT)

or this?

RF fpsvd or ss1, FF Radian or TurboBooster, CarGo

RF fpsvd or ss1, regent, FF radian

RF fpsvd or ss1, regent, RF fpsvd or ss1

RF fpsvd or ss1, regent, FF fpsvd

FF fpsvd, regent, FF fpsvd

RF fpsvd or ss1, FF radian, FF radian

FF radian, RF fpsvd or ss1, FF radian

FF radian, FF radian, RF fpsvd or ss1

Finally, what is a SAHM or a CRST?

Sign me:
Clueless in Centucky?

ADS

southpawboston

lol, yeah i understand your frustration. even after years on this site i don't know all of them. there must be something about moms that make them want to abbreviate every possible word :duck:. i've never been on any forum that makes as extensive use of them as here. they even use acronyms here that mean to different things :confused:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
OK. I Finally got RF & FF.

What about MA, RA, SPB, LPB?

MA: Marathon
RA: Roundabout
SBP: Short belt path
LBP: Long belt path (reading a thread on the Regent? LOL)

What is this??

Husky, seatbelt, top tether, Radian forward facing, seatbelt, top tether, Marathon rear facing LATCH top tether.

Husky, seatbelt top tether, Fisher Price Save Voyage Deluxe, seatbelt top tether, Fisher Price Save Voyage Deluxe rear facing/forward facing, LATCH top tether.

Husky, seatbelt top tether, Scenera forward facing seatbelt top tether, Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe rear facing forward facing LATCH top tether.

or this?

Rear facing Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe or Safeseat 1, forward facing Radian[/quote]

Rear facing Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe or Safeseat 1, Regent, forward facing Radian

Finally, what is a SAHM or a CRST?

Stay at home mom and Child Restraint Safety Technician. A Canadian version of the Child Passenger Safety Technician. Same thing, different letters. :)

HTH

Wendy

mommaon112903

The link that was given is an awesome sorce :thumbsup:

SAHM-Stay At Home Mom
CPST-Child Passenger Safety Technician

I find myself using more accronyms because it is MUCH easier than typing out things like Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe.

These look like what people have been able to install in a three-across situation.

or this?

RF fpsvd or ss1, regent, RF fpsvd or ss1

RF fpsvd or ss1, regent, FF fpsvd

FF fpsvd, regent, FF fpsvd

RF fpsvd or ss1, FF radian, FF radian

FF radian, RF fpsvd or ss1, FF radian

FF radian, FF radian, RF fpsvd or ss1

Mommy0608

Sorry you got lost! I was confused when I first came to this site, too. :eek: I try to always use the FULL word first for clarity, then when I repeat the word I might abbreviate it later in the post. Even in a thread with no newer members posting, we have to keep in mind that others may be reading and wondering what we're discussing. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
lol, yeah i understand your frustration. even after years on this site i don't know all of them. there must be something about moms that make them want to abbreviate every possible word :duck:. i've never been on any forum that makes as extensive use of them as here. they even use acronyms here that mean to different things :confused:

Hey, spend some time 'up here' and see how many times you can possibly type out all those words before your fingers turn into pretzels, big fella :p

Although, ETA is pretty funny (for the OP, it means 'edited to add' and obviously is confusing because it should mean Estimated Time of Arrival :D)

southpawboston

Although, ETA is pretty funny (for the OP, it means 'edited to add' and obviously is confusing because it should mean Estimated Time of Arrival :D)

and remember when you guys (gals) wanted to also use ETA for evenflo triumph advance??? that would have been THREE meanings. i had to convince you all against it, in favor of EFTA. :whistle:

see, that's the thing. i can understand acronyms when they really save a lot of typing (like FPSVD or EFTA), but not when they just potentially cause confusion.

and ETA instead of "edited"? come one, the full word is only three letters longer and avoids ALL confusion. this acronym mania just doesn't make sense to this male brain, lol... that's why we just spell things out on the male-donimated boards. admit it, we just do things better :duck:. :D

lovinwaves

If anyone thinks of anymore to add to the list please pm me! There is also a link to the common abbreviations in my signature :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
and remember when you guys (gals) wanted to also use ETA for evenflo triumph advance??? that would have been THREE meanings. i had to convince you all against it, in favor of EFTA. :whistle:

see, that's the thing. i can understand acronyms when they really save a lot of typing (like FPSVD or EFTA), but not when they just potentially cause confusion.

and ETA instead of "edited"? come one, the full word is only three letters longer and avoids ALL confusion. this acronym mania just doesn't make sense to this male brain, lol... that's why we just spell things out on the male-donimated boards. admit it, we just do things better :duck:. :D

On the subject of ease of comprehension and reading, perhaps we prefer acronyms because we use actual initial caps to make everything else we type easier on the eyes for ourselves and our readers/lurkers. :p :duck:

I try to define an acronym when I type it initially in a post in reply to a newcomer but I'm also guilty of skipping that step at times. It never hurts to ask for clarification if we lapse into acronymese. :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

It's all about context. If someone wrote, "I bought an ETA today," I would assume he/she bought an Evenflo Triumph Advance, since one doesn't buy an Edited to Add or an Estimated Time of arrival.

People don't seem to confuse Massachusetts and Marathon, even though they're both abbreviated with MA.

this acronym mania just doesn't make sense to this male brain, lol... that's why we just spell things out on the male-donimated boards. admit it, we just do things better :duck:. :D

No, you're just less efficient. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC