My Ride issues

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I was messing with my seat yesterday and noticed that it had a hole in the cover. I also noticed that the adjuster strap was starting to fray.

By the time I got home yesterday, Graco was closed.

So I called this morning and talked to a girl---missed her name. Told her what was going on, gave her the info she needed. The adjuster strap is not a replaceable part on any of their seats. So they are sending a shipping label to me. They want it back to inspect what is making the strap fray. She said neither problem should be happening since the seat is brand new.

I will also be issued a refund once they get the seat back.

Of course, we've gotten rid of the box and probably the reciept. So now I've got to find a box or 2 for it. She said I could even tape together 2 boxes for it if needed. Maybe my mom can get some boxes from her work.

Once Nicholas gets up from his nap, I'll make sure he fits in his KF still---he should.

Oh---I asked about the Barlett cover, it is Target's. Sadly she didn't have a release date for it.

Susan

ADS

sunnymw

I am glad that they are checking it out since it's a new seat and all and they want to get the kinks worked out. (I guess this is one reason I'm leaning toward the TF w/ ARB, because at least it's based on a seat that we know is already pretty great, lol).

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Even though this is a new seat for Graco---they are using parts to make it, that they've been using for other seats. I think the "newest" thing about the my ride is probably the shelly. They've been using the same harness material since they started the safe seat collection. The adjuster is like the Nautilus, I think(have to pull it out of the closet to compare).

Or it could have just been my luck to get one with a "flaw".

Susan

NannyMom

That's weird. WHere is the hole in your cover? We haven't had any adjuster strap issues, but I haven't been adjusting it. I'll have to start doing that and see how it goes.

Funny they said none are replacable, because haven't people gotten new ones for the SS1 and GN? But, at least they're handling it well IMO. I still have the MR box in my trunk, but doubt you want to come here and get it ;)

tarabelle

I had some fraying and holes on the seams in my cover and they sent me a new cover no questions asked. The holes I had were on the outer seams down near the cupholders and one at the top where the pillow attaches. It also left holes where the tags were, even though I cut them off. My pillow also had the velcro backwards on it. Seems like the first round of covers came out a little shoddy.

Like Nannymom I haven't been adjusting it too much, but then again, we weren't using it really until now since the Blvd is toast. I will have to start watching for fraying on it though.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
The hole I found is on a side seam near a cup holder--on the right side as you're looking at the seat. It's not big now, but left for a little boy to find it----I'm sure it would grow. And with my luck, by then I'd have to pay to replace it.

Since Nicholas is still so young, I find it easier to adjust it every time we take him in and out.

I tried him back in the KF---he's got a lil over 3 pounds and about 1" of growing room left.

Susan

MOM25BOYS

I went and bought a My Ride last night at my local TRU. When I got home and cut off the label on the front it had left 2 holes for each plastic piece also in the fabric. I called Graco this afternoon and they are sending me a new cover.:thumbsup:

tarabelle

I have some pics of where our cover seemed to be defective, sounds like it was the same as SusanMae's issue near the cupholder...

27fd7edd.jpg

5945a2c1.jpg

80a936c7.jpg

23357c95.jpg

heyruthie

when i reviewed the MR (the first day it hit my BRU!) my biggest complaint was the cover. i could see right away that it would cause problems. to me, it was like an old pair of stretch leggings from the '80s--too flimsy to hold up to the rigors or an older kid. I *really* want to get one, but I hope they come out with a new, tougher line of fabric choices before I do. if all the fabrics are the same material (just a different color) i can't imagine that more people won't have this problem. the nauti and SS covers are so much more durable looking, IMHO.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Tarabell---it looks like you are using a seatbelt that has 2 seperate belts sewn onto the latchplate. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can safely install a seat with that type of belt.

Susan

emandbri

Tarabell---it looks like you are using a seatbelt that has 2 seperate belts sewn onto the latchplate. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can safely install a seat with that type of belt.

Susan

She can if the lap belt part of the seat belt is switchable. I had an Oldsmobile that was like that.

tarabelle

The lap portion of the belt locks, is that OK for the install?

I hate that car with a passion... it's a commuter car for DH and I that we are hoping lasts another year, the MyRide is in there as an emergency/backup seat, DD is rarely, if ever, in it.......

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
As long as the lap belt is locked, then you're fine. Thank you for double checking though. And I'm glad I asked as well. There is lots of stuff to remember when you're a tech, so having someone for us to double check things with is good as well.

Susan

K

Kayleen

I have the same issue with my GN adjustor strap. The fray is on one side running along the legnth of the strap not across it. Something is rubbing the strap in the line when it is adjusted. They told me that it was not a replaceable piece and to send the seat back. (I returned it to the store I bought it from for a new one). I know it is because i adjust the straps when i take DD in and out of the seat, way easier that way. Never had issues with her infant Graco Safeseat doing it that way. The new GN seat that I got is doing that too, both happen only a month after I get them. Can't tell me it is a flaw in the individual seat. What gives? Advice? I love the GN and don't want to spend more money for something different.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Contact /Graco. Hopefully they'll want the seat back for inspection. Have them send you a new seat.

Susan

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Anyone else have a new car or chemical type smell to their cover? Mine hasn't dissipated completely, yet... No tears or rips, but I haven't used it daily.

MOM25BOYS

Anyone else have a new car or chemical type smell to their cover? Mine hasn't dissipated completely, yet... No tears or rips, but I haven't used it daily.

Mine did.... Hit me as soon as I opened the box.:rolleyes: I let it sit out in the living room for a couple of days before installing it and it helped some. Now my suv smells like it.:p I have to say though that it is not as strong as it was the night I opened.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC