Back in the Regent

myliljunebugs

I just put DS back in the Regent, yes with a new to us girly cover :p He was mad at first but I told him that I won't risk his life so that he can be in a "big kid" seat. So for this summer he will be harnessed, then he can try again. I have been having to remind him constantly to sit right in his seat. Now maybe when the time comes again for him to ride booster he will believe me when I threaten the Regent. :D

ADS

Pingbns

well your his mama whatever you say goes. I am thinking about getting a regent for my friend they may pass it down to her grandson then, and I want to get the pink one too her too.

DahliaRW

My ds begged and begged to get to stay in his booster (we took a turbo high back on a trip for convenience). Our deal was as long as he sits properly, doesn't argue, etc he can stay in it. One day he made a joke about unbuckling. I put him back in a harnessed seat for 2 days and he begged and begged for a second chance. Absolutely no issues since. He even tells me the rules for using the booster when he gets in the car! I believe that motivation is a powerful tool!

KiwiGem

I just put DS back in the Regent, yes with a new to us girly cover :p He was mad at first but I told him that I won't risk his life so that he can be in a "big kid" seat. So for this summer he will be harnessed, then he can try again. I have been having to remind him constantly to sit right in his seat. Now maybe when the time comes again for him to ride booster he will believe me when I threaten the Regent. :D

I'm so pleased I saw you post this! My DS1 (mildly autistic) has been driving me insane in his HBB for the last 6 months & we've been telling him that if he can't sit properly in the booster that we will put him back in a "baby seat" (although up until today I had been wondering how to carry out the consequence with no seats available to choose from in New Zealand that would do the job!).

We have the opportunity to have a friend bring a seat back for us in a couple of weeks so I've trying to decide between the Monterey, which I've been worried still won't suit his needs, or whether to spend more & have more options with a Frontier. Seeing what you wrote above has definitely helped me decide on the Frontier! Thank you :thumbsup:

myliljunebugs

LOL what is with our boys wanting to be in big seats anyway? I guess I just don't get it. DD is more ticked off than DS though because now she has to ride in the Nauti and he gets her "pretty seat"

I think he will do much better in a booster after this, he used to do really well and has just recently gotten very lax.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I put X back in the Regent a few months after he turned 7. He'd been in the PW for a few months and I was so sick of having to remind him to sit correctly. He was relieved to be back in a harnessed seat and absolutely loves the Regent. He might not if it had a girly cover, though, lol. I'll let him stay in it as long as he wants or until R needs it or we need to fit 3 across, either way he'll definitely be older than 8 by the time he has to use a booster again. I guess I'm lucky that he is so happy in the Regent. He really has no desire to go back in the PW at this point.

myliljunebugs

Yeah, it was kind of funny because there were tears and everything when he moved INTO the booster LOL. I moved him on Thursday last week and the first day he fussed a lot about it. Said the straps hurt his neck, and such. But now he doesn't say a word just gets in and buckles up. I'm kind of thinking if he doesn't say anything when school starts I will just leave it as is ;)

heyruthie

i actually just BOUGHT my first regent for DS1 for the same reason. he'd been in a booster for, what?....6 months now?? it was awful. his birthday is basically the same as your DS's. but since the past 6 months were so bad, and his younger brother has now moved into the back row with him (baby arriving in july, so moving people!) i could NOT risk a fistfight back there while I'm driving. so....back in a 5 pt he goes. he actually seems to really like it--but it does not have a girly cover :D

myliljunebugs

at least it is the BB cover, not the Madison ;) Can you IMAGINE asking a 7 year old boy to sit in a pepto pink seat? LOL

AtTheSouthDam

at least it is the BB cover, not the Madison ;) Can you IMAGINE asking a 7 year old boy to sit in a pepto pink seat? LOL

My friend bought my Como from me FOR her little boy who wouldn't sit correctly in his booster. It was blush. He :love: it. Even with the pretty blue and purple dragonfly I embroidered on it.

myliljunebugs

LMAO, oh it wouldn't have mattered, he would have been in it, he just would have been a LOT more vocal about it! I love coming on here because you guys just get it whereas I have friends and family that have no clue what I mean by "sit right" and have children as small or smaller than ds in just a seatbelt. I feel "normal" here ;)

NannyMom

I just put J back in his Nautilus. I had to keep reminding him to keep his head in the wings of his Vivo. Hopefully we won't need a Regent.

NannyMom

J looks like he may have 6 months in the GN in my car (more in his Mom's). He did fine in the booster for awhile. So hopefully in 6 months he'll be good to go in the booster again. Part of my would love a Regent, and part of me really doesn't want one, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC