If I love my MA will I love a Frontier?

britfish

I love my Marathon but would like to start thinking about going to a seat w/ out a base. DH has a GN in his truck and I like it, but I really want a seat w/ more recline to it so i am thinking of a Frontier. Will I love it like I love my MA? I love swapping covers, I love the easy install, I love the natural recline, I love how much shoulder room DD has.... I could go on!

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I LOVED my dd's MA and thought I would never find a seat I loved as much. I will say that I love the Frontier just as much. BUT, I love it mostly because it's such a great fit for my dd. The install is not super easy like the MA. It's just not. The MA is a dream to install and the Frontier is less than dreamy to install. The lbp is a pain. Doable, but a pain. I've never tried switching the covers so I can't address that.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I love my Marathon but would like to start thinking about going to a seat w/ out a base. DH has a GN in his truck and I like it, but I really want a seat w/ more recline to it so i am thinking of a Frontier. Will I love it like I love my MA? I love swapping covers, I love the easy install, I love the natural recline, I love how much shoulder room DD has.... I could go on!

I'd say that your love for the MA will have nothing to do with how you feel about the Frontier. :p The covers aren't the best (mesh) and there's not much variety, it's not a particularly easy install and actually doesn't fit some vehicles well, etc. However, a lot of people like it, so you just might love it too.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
If my Frontier had a better cover (I hate the mesh!) I'd love it as much as I loved his Marathon :)

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Ditto that! Come on, where is the Cowmoo???

Me too. My cowmoo MA is 3+ years old and still looks brand new (under the crumbs that is :) ).

My Frontier is 3 months old and only used a handfull of times and I can already tell that the mesh is not going to hold up like the MA covers do.

I have not had any issues with install (yet?) and I do love the seat otherwise.

BW1426

I have loved my MAs, but I would be perfectly happy if the Frontier made it's way to the curb for trash day. I personally think Britax totally dropped the ball on that one. I hate the straps, I hate the covers, I hate the install.

natysr

I actually love my frontier. I haven't had a problem with the cover yet, so I am hoping that by the time it gets trashed there will be some new, non-mesh ones available to order.

I will say that I loved loved loved loved my Marathons. Did I mention that I loved my marathons? My problem is that I'm having a mindset issue. I've used the marathons rearfacing for soooo long, that even though I turned it FFing, I still see it in my mind as a rearfacing seat. And, Jordan has used it so long rearfacing and I'm so used to seening him more contained within the seat, with it forward facing, he just seems so big for the seat. (Though in reality he has a long way to go before he outgrows it.

553345630_yE2m4-M.jpg

526582861_SMdpV-M.jpg

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I prefer the smoother harness adjuster on the Frontier over the one on the Marathon (or Blvd.) and the taller top shoulder harness slots, naturally, lol, but that's about it for my list of pluses. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC