Total fluff question regarding Canadian Radian's

BudgieStew

They are available from Canadian Tire online and I assume in store but do they only sell one color or do you get a choice? I did not see that option for check out on the site.
I do see that TJ Kids online has several different colors available at 30.00 plus taxes more.:confused:

Like I said total fluff question.

Last edited:
ADS

smurf

I got 2 from their web site in granite (actually 2 different shades of gray, but granite sounds trendier). I haven't seen them on display at my local store, only in boxes. I think only car seat nerds like me would buy them!

I *love* my Radians! Such a quality seat, I'm not used to that after using Cosco and Graco seats.

cantech

I certainly wasn't given the option of color when I got mine from Canadian Tire online but I was pleased when the granite option arrived.

Belinda

BudgieStew

So Grey is it for Canadian Tire. Darn. I am really digging the other colors more.

Where else is this available online..199.99 is such a great price I really don't want to pay more for just a color.
I do have some time though as this will be DD's back-up seat and since she is not going anywhere without me for while yet maybe they might have nicer colors in CT by then.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Our Canadian Tire only has the grey in store. If you are close to TJ kids, you might want to try out Babies World in Coquitlam, (it's right by IKEA and Toys r us) I know they were getting them in but my guess is that they will be the same as TJ's. I don't know about TJ's but at babies world they will install the seat for you and show you how to do it, so if you're having troubles with the seat at least they are there to help!?

I got my seat at babies world and was really happy with the service, they even make you fill out the registration card before you are allowed to leave the store with your new seat and they mail it in! I think that is great for all those who never fill them out!

smurf

TJ kids has it online, in different colors, but it's 30$ more than Canadian Tire. It must be the going price for fluff, I guess.

I like gray. Kind of boring but I've never really given much attention to car seat colors. I bought 2 radians so I wouldn't have paid an extra $60 for the seats to match my car interior...

BudgieStew

I see Macklen's in Toronto sells them as well but no price is offered.
Not even a e-mail to get in touch with them but they say they ship in Canada.

I am a total fluff lover. My cloth diaper and carrier stash are proof. But am not sure if I really want to spend an extra 30.00 pl txs for it.

BudgieStew

I called Macklen's and they sell it for 219.00 plus taxes plus shipping( to PQ would be 30.00-40.00) with a free carrying case. Only one color available.

Even though the free carrying case intrigued me it would be better option for those that live near Toronto then those that must have it shipped.

smurf

There's a baby store in Montreal called "Rose ou Bleu" that carries the Radian for $199 but I think they only have it in gray as well. It might be worth a call.

BudgieStew

Thanks I will call Rose et Bleu when I get a chance.
I am like a dog with a bone once I find something I want and I want the Radian for DS in Blue but I am sure he will be just as comfy(and safe) in Grey when I admit defeat and refuse to pay 30.00 more for a color choice.

I am still super annoyed that they don't sell the Couture line of covers here in Canada for the Britax's. I really really covet the Soho.:)

I also found another online store that carried two colors of the Radian at 199.99 when I e-mailed to ask about if they had more available..they told me that they had a malfunction and were no longer selling them and returning the seats they have.
Not sure what the malfunction would be maybe something personal between the supplier and store.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
i don't think you'll find one in blue... thoes are discountiuned in the US anyways and only can find them in the gray and champain colors... ???

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am still super annoyed that they don't sell the Couture line of covers here in Canada for the Britax's. I really really covet the Soho.:)
QUOTE]

What about trying to buy that cover seperately (ebay or somewhere else in the states)?

The seats are the same in Canada and the US aren't they? If so then it shouldn't matter where you get the cover from should it? I was thinking of getting a extra cover off of ebay. Is that not a good idea?

BudgieStew

i don't think you'll find one in blue... thoes are discountiuned in the US anyways and only can find them in the gray and champain colors... ???

TJ Kids offers them in blue maybe they are the last of the blue stock or something.

I am waiting to hear back from two more suppliers or possible suppliers and then will resign myself to Grey which does match the interior of our car so no big deal.

Yeah I have looked on e-bay for the couture Britax covers but 70.00usd for a cover!!!! Ah no thanks. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC