Ordered car seat online

U

Unregistered

I went ahead and ordered a Britax Marathon online because the sale price was an unbelievable 179.99 no tax or shipping..from albeebaby..now I am worried because I didn't even think of the DOM..I called Britax and they said the pattern I choice (ashley Floral) was manufactured in 2005 and discontinued in 2008..I am so worried now that I will recieve an almost 5 year old carseat..how big of a problem is this????

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Albee does a pretty brisk business, and some people have been getting really new DOM Ashley's lately, I don't think you'll get one very old, it might even be surprisingly new. But it could be up to a year old, but for that price, it's still great! :)

southernbell

my friend just ordered a madison blvd from albee baby and called about the date of manufacture since it was a discontinued item, and they told her all their britax were manufactured in the past 6 ish months, that her carseat may have a dom of late 2008

MomE

my friend just ordered a madison blvd from albee baby and called about the date of manufacture since it was a discontinued item, and they told her all their britax were manufactured in the past 6 ish months, that her carseat may have a dom of late 2008

I JUST ordered one. It's due on Friday. And they assured me it was a 2009 DOM. So it better be when it gets here! I wouldn't have ordered it with late 2008 as the DOM.

Mom to a few

To the original poster--If the seat were truly already 5 yrs old, then that would be a problem. Britax seats can be used for 6 yrs from the date of manufacture, so you wouldn't want one that was already so old! From the other responses you got here, it sounds like you have a good shot at getting a newer one--Just check the date when you get it :)

U

Unregistered

thank you I am so excited and nervous about this purchase..I really wanted the britax marathon and when i saw the price and pattern I couldn't resist..i think the Ashley Floral is about the prettiest they make in my opinion so in my excitement i made a pretty hasty purchase, and am now having buyers remorse

Ducky5306

I ordered the same seat as you from albeebaby and mine had a DOM of 5/5/09 (i got it 5/22/09)

I called them and they said they have been selling so many that the DOM would be 2009 for sure. :thumbsup:

Ducky5306

the woman i talked to said the oldest ones that had were DOM 11/08 but she said she thought those were all sold and as I said in my last post my came with a DOM of just afew weeks before i got it!

southernbell

the woman i talked to said the oldest ones that had were DOM 11/08 but she said she thought those were all sold and as I said in my last post my came with a DOM of just afew weeks before i got it!

yeah they told her that would be the oldest date it would have that it was most likely 2009

jujumum

If you email albeebaby you should get a response within 24 hours. I did before I bought my aqua bv, and they gave me the exact DOM.:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC