What's taller thatn a Parkway?

Beckers

I know I should know this, but we just entered the booster world, so I'm just not up on them. :p

A friend's 6 year old is too tall for his parkway. What's taller that doesn't cost $100?

Thanks!:love:

ADS

Maedze

Nothing in that price bracket.

You might eek out some more space in a Monterey, that's 130. Other than that you've got the Frontier.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is it extended all the way up? The top shoulder measurement is 21 inches, and my 9 year old, for comparison, only has an 18.5 inch torso and has lots of room to grow in the Parkway. I'm sure it's possible he's a truly truly tall kid, but I'd explore the possibility that the seat isn't at it's highest setting (or is even falling down, which is a problem for a lot of PW's in summer, the teeth that hold the headrest up tend not to settle into the grooves very well, and the headrest just slides down).

heyruthie

see if you can get some pics. as PP said, maybe the PW isn't extended all the way. or, maybe if he's a complete giant, he passes the 5-step test :confused: it would be unusual for a 6 yo, but so would growing out of a PW. you can always TRY and see, and post pics for people to comment on here!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree. My dd just turned 6, 47 lbs, 46 inches and has loads of room left in her Parkway.

If he really has outgrown the seat and seat like the Monterey or Frontier are out of the question, he can always go to a backless. While we would like to see a 6 year old in a hbb a backless is acceptable assuming the vehicle has proper head support.

scatterbunny

I agree with the others, make sure it's truly all the way up...my dd will be 8 in less than two weeks, is at the top of the charts for height, has a 19.5+ torso, and still fits in the Parkway.

The Monterey is a little taller, the Jane Indy Plus is, too (not sure on the regular Indy, and the Indy Plus is nowhere to be found, plus it's out of the price range), and the Frontier is LOADS taller (but also out of the price range).

If the kiddo is truly too tall for the Parkway, I hate to say it (because he's only 6), but a backless might be the only option at this point.

emandbri

The Monterey isn't much taller, I'd say a half inch at best. I can't post the link because I'm on my iPod but I posted pictures of Daniel in both in another thread it should come up in a search. I was a thread about a 6 year old being too tall, maybe it was your friend! LOL

Beckers

Thanks so much ladies! This is an online friend from a local moms board, so I've only met her in person 2 or 3 times. I am thinking she doesn't have it up all the way. I've never seen him in the seat, but when I have seen him, he didn't seem like a super huge kid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC