Scenera shell/slot differences-- I have a ghost seat!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't know what's up with this. I bought a new, pretty pink Scenera because I had a gift card and the Target I was at had it for $39 (I know, I know, what am I doing buying a seat that I am sure none of my kids will fit? Don't ask. I just liked it, and hey, it was my birthday money, I can do what I want with it!) My old Scenera (12/07/05 DOM) is outgrown by my youngest, both forward and rear facing. I sit her in it rear-facing, she's got less than an inch over her head. She's also a bit above the top slots. (This is the child with the 15+ inch torso; she outgrew the Scenera at 9 months or so.) The new one (DOM 04/03/09) has a MORE padded cover-- and she still fits in it! She has about 1/3 inch above her head and is also a small fraction of an inch below the top slots. I sit them next to each other and they really look pretty much the same-- but she fits in the new one and not the old one. What on earth gives??? (Not that I'm not happy to have another seat she fits in in an emergency! Well, installed it might lose enough that she wouldn't... Or, it being a GHOST SEAT, maybe she would GAIN room installed! Who knows???)

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Yeah, the 2007ish and later Sceneras have nearly 16" top slots. I've been saying it for a long time, but everyone keeps saying 15".

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ah, that would make sense.

The new HBB in the store STILL has higher top slots than the Scenera by about 1/4-1/2 inch. So I guess they raised the slots on that too?

I still don't get how they look exactly the same but fit differently, though. :confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know the last time I did a comparison with the old 3in1 seat and the Scenera, my oldest had outgrown the 3in1 and still fit the Scenera with about 1/4" of growing room. (Probably a good 9months ago now, but I figure that Scenera height is around 15.5")

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They must have made them taller right after I bought mine or something (6/21/07, 15" slots)...
KQ, when do we get to see some pictures of this baby in a seat? She's one for the record books, seriously.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, my camera's gone missing again, and I never get her in the car without screaming on someone's part when I've actually remembered it... I have a camera phone now but I haven't figured out how to get the pictures off the camera yet. :eek: Maybe I should read my manual...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Really?

How would you do that?

Does it cost differently? (We get 1000 texts/pics/etc. per mo.)

NannyMom

Really?

How would you do that?

Does it cost differently? (We get 1000 texts/pics/etc. per mo.)

No, it's just the same as send a text or pic message. again, instead of entering a phone number to send the text/pic message to, enter an email address. done. you can also email your cell phone and it'll come in as a text message (though a long email will get cut off, and you can't get attachments). Try emailing yourself, it should work.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's no option to enter anything but numbers that I see when I go to hit send. How do I change that?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC