Help me choose a new stroller!

ccjones

Since my Britax Preview got thrown out of my truck and into the street at some point while the vehicle was rolling (see "Wrecked my Xterra..." post on Carseat board), I'm going to need to buy another stroller. The Preview is ALL busted up, it can't even be opened. I know alot of you have researched strollers extensively, and I'm looking for a Mac (most likely) that goes to 50lbs, and has tall and/or adjustable handles. I don't really care about price, but if I can get away with a Volo instead of a Techno XT, that would be pretty cool.

Can someone more educated with strollers than me please help me out? I already have an MBUS for a jogging stroller, so I'm just looking for a lightweight stroller to keep in the car for trips to the mall, etc.

Colleen

ADS

LuvBug

check TJMaxx or a store like it if you have one in the area. I was just in there last night and they had a Mac and a Peg. I couldnt find the name on the Mac but it looked like the quest. The Peg was the A3. I couldnt find a price but being that it is at TJMaxx you know it will be decent.

lovinwaves

I just bought a Mac and Peg P3. I love both of them, and find both of them to be lightweight and very easy to fold up. The Mac can be very tippy, so if you are a big shopper this may not be for you.

The Mac Volo does not recline but the other models above it do. I am 5' 9" and have a hard time finding a stroller I don't kick. The Mac and P3 are the only ones I don't. I have the Quest, and it does not have adjustable handles, but I really wouldn't need them any taller. NOw the P3 pLiko does have adjustable handles and I have the handles pulled all the way up. My mom is 5'3" and pushes the Maclaren just fine. That is actually her stroller for when she takes dd or Ds out to the mall. She loves it.

Feel free to ask any more questions

Lilsid

I had a Peg P3 and I hated it. It was heavy and pretty big once it was folded out. It has great features for smaller babies but I just need a lightweight quick stroller.

I also had a Combi City Soho and I liked it until my DD hit 30lbs, then it was hard to push and turn.

I have a Britax Preview and a Mac Volo. I like the Volo much better then the Preview for ease. Its lighter in weight it folds up smaller. I think it turns better and it feels sturdier. My Mac has easy one-handed turning and it can carry a good amount in the bottom mesh area. It has a larger canopy than the preview has too. When I set them side-by-side they have exactly the same handle height.

The Preview can recline and the Volo doesn’t but my DD doesn’t sleep in the stroller any more.

lovinwaves

Just wanted to add that the Maclaren's go to 55 lbs, and the Peg P3 does not have a weight limit. Mainly I think because, not only does it hold a front passenger, but it also has a built-in "rider Plate" on the back of it for older riders.

ccjones

I LOVED my Preview, but DH is too tall (6'2" - 6'3") and he would kick it. So I'm looking for something that has taller or adjustable handles. He does most of the stroller pushing when we go out as a family. Recline feature would be nice, too. I saw on Macleren's website that the Quest handle height is 41 inches. The Techno's handle height is 41 - 44 inches, so I guess that means it has adjustable handles? I'm not sure if that extra three inches will really make a difference for DH. I'm pretty sure they have the Quest at BRU to try out, does anyone know if they carry the Techno?

Colleen

lovinwaves

Colleen,
I don't know if they carry the Techno, but that extra 3 or so inches could really make a difference.

It's not only the handle height that is important, but more the ergonomics of the way the stroller is designed. It is genius in terms of working for a 5'2" person, and also working for a 6' person.
The handles come away from the stroller, so you can't kick it.

Good luck with your shopping!! And of course take care of your bodies, try not to overdo it!!!;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I love my P3! I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is way smaller then most full sized strollers out there. I like the fact that it folds up rather small, not taking up the whole trunk, the toddler bar, the adjustable handles and the fact that it has no weight limit is a huge bonus! I was also able to put my infant seat into it when needed :D

Lys

Senior Community Member
Hi Colleen,
So sorry to hear about your stroller. But am also happy you guys are ok.
Would you be interested in a very gently used Volo?
I have a '04 Patriot Strip Volo I'm ready to part with. It is in Excellent condition and I'll even include the Mac organizer I have.
I'm asking $70 shipped!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am pretty excited about the new Britax Vigour. It looks pretty cool!!!

I can't wait to see one in person. I will have to check Buy Buy Baby to see id they have any. It looks cool!

Unfortunately, the stroller has a 40 pounds weight limit. :(

lovinwaves

I am pretty excited about the new Britax Vigour. It looks pretty cool!!!

I can't wait to see one in person. I will have to check Buy Buy Baby to see id they have any. It looks cool!

Unfortunately, the stroller has a 40 pounds weight limit. :(

OOOLALA!! I like, I like!! Reminds me of a Bugaboo.

You know it may say 40 pounds, but I bet it would push fine with more weight. Don't you think???

ccjones

OK, we ended up buying Mac Quest Sport in the Forest pattern (green and gray). DH tried out all the strollers at BRU since he's the one who had the kicking issue with the Preview. He decided he liked the Quest Sport out of all the lightweight strollers.

We had a coupon for 20% off the entire order, so we were able to save some money in the process. The insurance company said they will reimburse me up to $150 for the stroller since the Preview retails for $149.99. So, between getting reimbursed and the 20% off coupon, we're only out maybe $30, which is pretty cool!

Colleen

ccjones

I've been looking around at online retail sites that sell Macs, and I haven't come across one that sells the Quest Sport in the Forest color. I wonder if I bought a BRU exclusive?

Anyway, here's a pic.

marathon007.jpg

lovinwaves

OH Colleen, it is absolutely beautiful. I hope you and your husband are feeling ok!!

I was just getting to do a post on here this morning for you in regards to your tall husband, so here it is.....

Yesterday, my sister and her boy friend that is 6' 2" took the Maclaren out for a long walk. He even had cowboy boots on, and said he NEVER kicked the back of the Mac, or felt like he was hunched over.

Well, I guess you and your husband have already figured this out, so enjoy your new toy!!!

-Melissa-

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Preeeeettttyyyy... I like it!
I'm craving the pink fleur mod model, just can't bring myself to buy yet another stroller, and want to see if the britax verve is any good (I heard the Vigour is sluggish to push compared to the bugaboo...but one person at a tradeshow isn't a full review, right?)

:)

ccjones

OH Colleen, it is absolutely beautiful. I hope you and your husband are feeling ok!!

I was just getting to do a post on here this morning for you in regards to your tall husband, so here it is.....

Yesterday, my sister and her boy friend that is 6' 2" took the Maclaren out for a long walk. He even had cowboy boots on, and said he NEVER kicked the back of the Mac, or felt like he was hunched over.

Well, I guess you and your husband have already figured this out, so enjoy your new toy!!!

-Melissa-

Thanks, we are still sore, but each day we feel a little better. Yeah, DH tried a Chicco C5, a Combi, and the Peg Pliko Lite? and Aria, and the Graco Mosaic, but he said the Mac felt the most comfortable. I personally loved the Preview and would have been happy to get another one.

joolsplus2 said:
Preeeeettttyyyy... I like it!
I'm craving the pink fleur mod model, just can't bring myself to buy yet another stroller, and want to see if the britax verve is any good (I heard the Vigour is sluggish to push compared to the bugaboo...but one person at a tradeshow isn't a full review, right?)

You know, when I got pregnant the first time, I received a Bugaboo Cameleon from my best friend, who is single and a partner at an accounting firm, and has more money than she knows what to do with. (I wish I had that problem! LOL) But after baby Joshua died, I was pretty upset and didn't want to see any baby stuff around the house, so I sold the Cameleon on Ebay for $850-$900. Now I wish I hadn't made such a rash decision in selling it, but I have an MBUS, which is a truly a dream to use. I think you have an MB, so you know what I mean. I think between the MB and the Mac, I'm set with strollers. Now, if I could only find a way to get rid of the Jeep Grand Cherokee stroller that DH loves so much! LOL :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC